Brand new HOCKEY template preview:

StPatty33

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say this is really great work and I appreciate you going to the trouble of doing this.I had been wanting to do hockey but never could find the right pose so that you could see the front AND back on the temp so I never finished it,but I'm glad to see you went through with it.Besides,if I would have ever done hockey then I may have gotten banned for having a monopoly on all the templates...lol!

Great work and hope to see a version for the back as well.

98Falcons.png

Ok, I downloaded the AI10 version and i have a couple questions. If these have been answered already, please tell me where they were so I can see the answers and forgive my igonorance.

1. Its (AI10) telling me that I have to import it because it was created in a newer version of Illustrator. However, if you saved these specifically for AI10, shouldnt it be set to run as soon as i open it?

2. None of the manufacturer logos are visible on mine (they are there when I selected the whole image, at least the outlines of them, but not visible to the eye). Is that supposed to be like that?

3. My copy doesnt have the "stitching" you put in to mark off the yokes and stripes and such (ie like whats on the Paint version). Wasnt that included in the illustrator version too?

4. Any tips on being able to tell what is actually in each layer (i can see all the layers but cant exactly make out WHAT is in them all; there are many that are just plain white) would be appreciated. This template is AWESOME and I want to take advantage of its full potential, but either my novice knowledge of the program, the data loss upon importing from CS to AI10 or both, are limiting what I can see and do with this tool.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks, and EXCELLENT work, StPat. None of my issues with ur work have anything to do with you.

~UJ

:notworthy: I've just been playing around with the colors for now...I can wait till I actually try to add some designs on the sleeves and stuff, but this is incredible. At first, I couldn't get the colors to change how I wanted them to, but then I realized I was just an idiot and didn't ungroup things. I'm so happy now, I might not sleep tonight!

Had to do one final rendition before I take a couple hours off:

HT4.png

the glove on the right is still a big mess--I had to flip the wrist from how I originally made it, so it'll look much much cleaner when it's done. Haven't done any shading to the lower body at all yet either. I put a handy white masking all around the outline of it so you can put your shoulder logos etc in without them sticking off the side of the jersey, also.

man, and I totally forgot about the back of the jersey too, that'll take another couple hours at least. Tomorrow night may not be reveal-day after all, eh.

Very, very nice!

all of the layers are locked in the groupings - how can i ungroup the stuff so I can add my own design?

You have to utilize the layers window. I'll put these instructions in the actual template next time instead of just posting it a couple of times in this thread.

You can't just click on stuff because that's not exact enough for a template this complex. Simply expand the main layer, and it'll have about 10 titled layers. You can expand those and inside those there will be several effects layers that are locked, and then should have one titled "SLEEVE FILL" or "LOWER SOCK FILL" etc. select these manually by clicking on the little circle on that specific layer of art, then do what you want to do. Or make your own stuff and re-order it into the same place the original fill was in.

I hope you all understand I've tried to make it as easy to use as possible given the complexity of the design. :hockeysmiley:

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

all of the layers are locked in the groupings - how can i ungroup the stuff so I can add my own design?

You have to utilize the layers window. I'll put these instructions in the actual template next time instead of just posting it a couple of times in this thread.

You can't just click on stuff because that's not exact enough for a template this complex. Simply expand the main layer, and it'll have about 10 titled layers. You can expand those and inside those there will be several effects layers that are locked, and then should have one titled "SLEEVE FILL" or "LOWER SOCK FILL" etc. select these manually by clicking on the little circle on that specific layer of art, then do what you want to do. Or make your own stuff and re-order it into the same place the original fill was in.

I hope you all understand I've tried to make it as easy to use as possible given the complexity of the design. :hockeysmiley:

the layers you have created work just fine - what my problem is is that because they are locked in the groupings, i can't insert my own layers inbetween them - i'll keep playing with it though, see if i can get it to work. BTW, its a gorgeous template!

OD_Signature.jpg

I am sorry for Being Naive...But all I have is Adobe ImageReady and Adobe Photoshop. Is it possible to use these in Either of the programs I have.

If not what do I need to download exactly...I have tried to read what to use maybe I am missing something if so I am sorry.....

St. Patty...Very impressive from what I have seen though!

Thanks a bunch LeQuebecois! What a great job you have done, but just for others sake as well, the helmet and the gloves aren't quite paint format yet, but each individual could fix that themselves because there's not much to be fixed.

Archived