Rams throwback jersey question

Slater

The following is an advertisement on an online sports memorabilia site:

"This is a fabulous looking Rams throwback jersey signed by Rams legend, JACK YOUNGBLOOD! Excellent signature on this high quality pro mesh jersey with all sewn on pro tackle twill name and numbers! A great collectors item! Available in the Home blue or the away white. Comes with guaranteed certificate of authenticity."

I thought the Rams old royal blue/yellow jerseys all had heat-pressed numbers. Or was that only for the later years of that style?

It's a throwback because it's a Jersey made to resemble their old ones. If they said Authentic Game-Worn, then look for the plastic numbers. Throwback? now-a-days it'll probrally be tackle-twill..

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

For some reason the Ram's horn shoulder design seems to be very hard to get right on a lot of these replica/throwback jerseys. I've seen some pretty horrendous attempts at this. Done correctly it looks very sharp.

MVP.com has the "Gridiron Classics Los Angeles Rams Eric Dickerson Retro EQT Jersey" on sale for $99 with no shpping charges. It's a classic jersey that I couldn't pass up, even though I'd prefer a Jim Everett jersey. If any of the Ram's fans on this site know where I could get one of those....it would be greatly appreciated.

you mean "chris everett"?

sorry couldb't resist, that infamous Roy Firestone clip is all I can think

of when ever Jim gets mentioned.

MVP.com has the "Gridiron Classics Los Angeles Rams Eric Dickerson Retro EQT Jersey" on sale for $99 with no shpping charges. It's a classic jersey that I couldn't pass up, even though I'd prefer a Jim Everett jersey. If any of the Ram's fans on this site know where I could get one of those....it would be greatly appreciated.

That was actually Jim Rome who "Chris" nearly beat down. I cant picture Rome being so unprofessional today. Those Ram uni's were classic....

The original Rams blue & gold jerseys, introduced in 1973, did have sewn-on numbers. They were made by Sand Knit and had the standard Sand Knit font, which is similar to the current font used by the Packers. I think they went to the heat-pressed numbers in 1975, 1976 at the latest. Youngblood would have worn the jerseys with the twill numbers for the first two or three years of his career.

A lot of the Youngblood jerseys I've seen turning up lately are "mutts" - sewn on numbers in the font-style of the heat-pressed.

"You know, you've been calling me Chris for a long time. I'm gonna tell ya right now, if you call me Chris one more time, you're gonna have to go to commercial"

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

That was actually Jim Rome who "Chris" nearly beat down. I cant picture Rome being so unprofessional today. Those Ram uni's were classic....

Have you heard the background on that story? When Everett agreed to be interviewed, he stipulated that Rome could not bring up the "Crissy" name or reference. Rome obviously felt that everything would be "fair game" and felt that he would be a hypocrite if he didnt call him "Crissy" to his face. The result was chaos.

metslogo_215.gif

oh man, it was Rome.  [brain fart]

Why was I thinking Firestone??

Easy mistake to make. Firestone had Up Close playing every night back then...

Roy Firestone's pants came up to his knees when he sat down, and he always wore those hi-top boots with the zipper down the side. Very Disturbing. :blink:

I wish I still had the pics of the two Rams throwbacks I made 2 years ago.I made one of each,a home and an away.Back then I could get heat-press vinyl by the yard,so I was able to do a somewhat correct font for the numbers.I say somewhat because I think the insides of the numbers were squared instead of rounded.I lost those pics last summer when my computer crashed but I'll scan some of my disks to see if they are still saved on there.

98Falcons.png

The original Rams blue & gold jerseys, introduced in 1973, did have sewn-on numbers. They were made by Sand Knit and had the standard Sand Knit font, which is similar to the current font used by the Packers. I think they went to the heat-pressed numbers in 1975, 1976 at the latest. Youngblood would have worn the jerseys with the twill numbers for the first two or three years of his career.

A lot of the Youngblood jerseys I've seen turning up lately are "mutts" - sewn on numbers in the font-style of the heat-pressed.

The 49'ers had the same "plasticky" heat-pressed numbers around this time, if my memory serves me right... I remember Joe Montana's white road jersey with the shiny red numbers in Super Bowl XVI....

• 2 weeks later...
oh man, it was Rome.  [brain fart]

Why was I thinking Firestone??

Easy mistake to make. Firestone had Up Close playing every night back then...

Easy to mix up?? I don't recall that scrub, Firestone, who never did anything other than Up Close, ever getting attacked on air by anybody, let alone Chris Everett.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived