Favorite college football unis

RVZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is Florida State's uniform a "modernistic" choice? It has no stripes at all. It hasn't really changed in many years, except for the number typeface a few years back. Heck, they still use porthole mesh and screened numbers.

I referred to Florida State as a modernistic uniform because of two things -- their sleeve stripes (which aren't easy to see) aren't traditional stripes, but designs. Also, their number fonts are anything but traditional.

True, but they've had the "feather cuffs" or some form of design on the collar and sleeve cuffs for a long time, at least the better part of the last decade. The Charlie Ward era didn't have them, but the Warrick Dunn era did, if that helps on the timetable.

The number typeface may not be standard-block traditional, but it certainly isn't modern, at least not to the effect of the numbers of Northwestern, Boston College, Cincinnati, and others.

florida%20state%20rix%20looks%20after%20flag.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Does any body know any other way to get pictures into my signature other than using photobucket? Thanks

See Gothamite's instructions to me in the "UCLA -- Lower Case Logo" thread in this category (about 4 days old, if that). You can do it without a Photobucket account by hotlinking to the sites where the photos are located. In my case, they were all from team websites except the old school Maryland logo and the old Lafayette logo in my avatar, which are from logoserver.com.

Thanks, again, Gothamite.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

True, but they've had the "feather cuffs" or some form of design on the collar and sleeve cuffs for a long time, at least the better part of the last decade. The Charlie Ward era didn't have them, but the Warrick Dunn era did, if that helps on the timetable.

The number typeface may not be standard-block traditional, but it certainly isn't modern, at least not to the effect of the numbers of Northwestern, Boston College, Cincinnati, and others.

When I say "modernistic," I'm not just referring to recent years. I'm talking about, say, the past 20 or 25 years.

Traditional looks, on the other hand, have been around a long, long time, not just over a decade ago.

Florida State has a mild modernistic look, not the wacky modernistic look of, say, Miami, or the one-colored shoulder look of Virginia Tech and Florida. Florida State's look is more subtle, and that's why I called it the best modernistic look.

Oh great, another thread where 90% of the replies are INSERT YOUR ALMA MATER HERE.

Personally, I'd go with Ole Miss.

Oh great, another thread where 90% of the replies are INSERT YOUR ALMA MATER HERE.

Personally, I'd go with Ole Miss.

As an alum, I go with Ole Miss, but I agree with the person who said the roads are bad. They need to go pre-2000:

rm-bettis.jpg

Notre Dame.  Normally a "basic" design ends up generic, but ND's is so well executed that their is no doubt who is playing when you see them on the field.

Unless they're playing Navy. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Here's my top 5:

5. I'm gonna go with probably the least-agreed-with pick, Oregon. I love these uniforms. They're so different, but they're incredible.

92_G1472426.JPG

Terrence Whitehead

4. Virginia...I model my uniforms of my created teams off of these in NCAA football for ps2 almost every year. I love the no-outline numbers

a-lundy091303.jpg

Wali Lundy

3. Michigan...just classic

henne.jpg

Wilson High School's own Chad Henne...Wilson is in Reading, PA...I played them in ice hockey. My friend at work went to high school with Henne.

2. Penn State...wait, wha? Penn State? I'm a Pitt fan. This shouldn't happen.

PSU_kijana32.jpg

Ki-Jana Carter...I couldn't resist. One of many wastes of Penn St. Football. Curtis Enis, anyone?

1. Notre Dame.

r2775383898.jpg

Jeff Samardzija

040909_quinn_vmed_3p.vmedium.jpg

Brady Quinn

img6713800.jpg

Julius Jones...I liked the gold side panels, too. They didn't stand out that much, so they were'nt distracting.

Archived