Favorite college football unis

RVZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no better uniform in sports than this:

48.jpg

agreed :notworthy::notworthy:

Oh great, another thread where 90% of the replies are INSERT YOUR ALMA MATER HERE.

Actually, my alma mater is Arizona State, but they would be number 2

I'm a big fan of Virginia's uniforms, and no, I'm not an alum.

sp-football-ek.gif

And I like them even more because they were the long socks instead of the bare calf look. My fave is the white/white uni's with the striped tube socks, but I couldn't find a picture..

I kind of like Texas burnt orange look too.

I've got a top 5.

5. Notre Dame- just classic, yet cool. one of the few teams that can pull off both, along with the Buckeyes, Michigan, USC and Bama. Somehow their plain gold helmets don't look plain.

4. UAB- their rare combo of green and true gold looks really sharp, not to mention that Blazers is a cool nickname.

3. Vanderbilt- kind of a darkhorse pick, but the wide stripes on the sleeves and the Star V logo makes for a really cool uni.

2.Ohio State- the buckeye stickers, all on one side, they're amazing. I am a little biased, since they're my favorite team. But still have great unis.

1. Florida State- the feather around the collar and sleeves is one of the most

creative things I've ever seen on a jersey, along with the arrow on the helmet and tomahawk pride stickers, fantastic. not to mention that garnet and gold is a great color combo. (what's the official color for them? I'm pretty sure its not garnet)

Honorable Mentions: Toledo, Colorado, USC, Bama, Michigan, LSU, Purdue, Indiana. I know this list seems long, but its nowhere near the list of jerseys i hate.

Vanderbilt has the best uniforms.

I am not a fan of Texas' (orange jersey doesn't match the brown helmet decals and the all white uni's are horrible). Miss St's facemask and helmet decals don't match their home jerseys either.

eyecopy1tn.jpg

I really like BC's white set.

I usually don't like it when the helmet doesn't match the jersey or pants, but I think it really looks nice here. I also love their number font.

lvwhitworth-lg.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Anyone know if there is a college site that lays out the uni's like "nfl uni's past and present." ?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Logoman's ranking in Order:

UCLA Home #1

Florida State Home #2

Notre Dame Green #3

UCLA is just dead on classy, Florida State says Seminoles with class and reverance and when Notre Dame wears the green somewhere Knute Rockne is smiling...

Here's a great sight for Notre Dame football fans, get out your Kleenex...

http://www.madayproductions.com/

Click on Seleceted Work, then Notre Dame.

Thank the lord for Charlie Weis...

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

I'm going to try and break it down into groups:

Best traditional uniform: Michigan.

Best modernistic uniform: Florida State.

Best use of color in a uniform: UCLA.

How is Florida State's uniform a "modernistic" choice? It has no stripes at all. It hasn't really changed in many years, except for the number typeface a few years back. Heck, they still use porthole mesh and screened numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived