White Sox Uniform Changes

bricknivy

I'm not going to waste my time with Bricksnivy. But props to the Cubs for their attendance trophies. And yes, I am looking good in my World Champs t-shirt today.

Anyway, I really see no need to change the uniforms at all. We have a uniform to be proud of so we should stick with it. The best uniforms in baseball don't get changed.

Red accents would look nice, but I just assume let the Red Sox, Reds, etc. have that color. Green would look okay too, but not good enough to warrent a uniform change. The once a year green jersey is enough.

I have a slight problem with the black socks (okay, the socks are white with black stirrups over them but all the players that show the sock color just wear black socks). Black looks great, but it seems like the White Sox should show white socks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sox fan here too - since the days of their red pinstripes. Anyway, I will be honest. Black and gray (well ok - silver) bores me a little bit. I wouldn't mind red accents, either. However, the one thing I hope they never go away from again is the current Sox script logo. It has been in different colors, and slightly tweaked over the generations, but it is timeless.

Regarding the "extracurricular" discussions in this thread - after the support from Cub fans I have been close to this fall, I have new respect for true Cub fans. I don't see Bricknivy as "typical". Maybe we can all just leave it at that.

LT

Is "Old Roman" a Charles Comiskey reference?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What about white with black and silver stripes?

Do you mean alternating black & silver? Or like black stripes with silver "trim" stripes?

Either way, I don't think I'd like it.

I would hope he meant the uniform itself is white with black - and the pinstripes themselves are silver. I have always thought that might look alright.

LT

I was referring to the socks, actually. White stocking with maybe a black-white-silver-white-black striping pattern? As opposed to solid black, I guess. Similar to how to previous sets' white socks would have the team colors in stripes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My only problem with the unis is with the hat.

I don't like how 'SOX' is written on the hat as well.

It would be cool of they came up with a one letter logo that would be distinctive and simple, but yet be interesting. Something like the Cincinnati 'C' but not a copy...something a little different.

Their options would be an Old English C like the Reds used to wear, or the old pigtail C they wore in '89, rendered in white and/or silver for both, natch. Unfortunately the Sox have a tradition of just putting SOX on there. Whatever.

Oh by the way, speaking of cap logos, I hate the Indians wearing a cursive I. terrible

I like the idea of adding a cap. I had a winged Sox cap with the yellow wing and white sox on during the World Series and had people offering to buy it off me? So I guess that my be a hint to add an alternate cap in black with a white sock and yellow wing circa 1959

http://www.sportslogos.net/Site/logo.php?lo=2913

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Baseball/MLB/CWS_2913.gif

Gameplan | A Strategy for Achieving an Objective.

Oh by the way, speaking of cap logos, I hate the Indians wearing a cursive I. terrible

Bah-ROO-tal. Cap initials shouldn't be from the nickname.

If the Sox ever dumped the "Sox" cap logo they use now (and I like it, so I am hoping they don't), someone on these boards - I want to say ltravis, but I am not 100% sure - came up with a great logo: a Gothic capital "C", with a negative space sock hidden within the C. Genius.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I had a winged Sox cap with the yellow wing and white sox on during the World Series

brick and ivy, for sure!!!!

terrible

go

p.s.: yeah the negative-space sock was good stuff.

My only problem with the unis is with the hat.

I don't like how 'SOX' is written on the hat as well.

It would be cool of they came up with a one letter logo that would be distinctive and simple, but yet be interesting. Something like the Cincinnati 'C' but not a copy...something a little different.

I dunno, even though I'm not the biggest Sox fan (another Cubs fan here) I do like their current uniforms as they are. red would work well if they had to add it, though. heck, I'd had a Sox hat when I was younger, and I do think it's classy. They did have a cursive C in the late 80s, but their tradition is SOX on the hat in some form. heh, I think the only other thing that would work would be the sock from their alternate logo on the hat, or a crossing sox logo.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bah-ROO-tal. Cap initials shouldn't be from the nickname.

If the Sox ever dumped the "Sox" cap logo they use now (and I like it, so I am hoping they don't), someone on these boards - I want to say ltravis, but I am not 100% sure - came up with a great logo: a Gothic capital "C", with a negative space sock hidden within the C. Genius.

Well, umm... *casually whistling*...

sox-c2.jpg

...actually I am ok with what they wear now also, but I appreciate the good words.

LT

^ I love that design as much as the first time I saw it. Sadly enough, looking at it, I think there'd be the occassional person who didn't see it - but we'd of course quickly eliminate them.

Back on topic, I don't think the Sox unis should change at all - the team's colors give them the right as one of the teams that DESERVES a black alternate, and I think that jersey rounds out the set perfectly.

But in no way, shape or form would I hate red trim - it could look incredible if done right. :grin:

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Thanks for posting the bigger picture, SoxSteeler. Mine was too small to show the red trim.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived