2mr41h

UPDATED - more feedback wanted!

Here's a secondary hawk mark that I created today. Same school, same purpose.

Would love more feedback from you guys.

hawk_flying.gif

Hey everybody. Just recently found this board - it is great.

I'm working on the logo for a new high school in my area and wanted to get your input. Their colors are same as Ohio State (Scarlet/Grey) and they are the Hawks (yes, it's an incredibly boring mascot choice).

This is my initial concept for the logo. Would love some feedback.

hawk_hillgrove.gif

:welcome: That's a pretty solid logo. The only suggestion I can think of is to possibly make it a bit more intimidating. It's pretty easily done, too. I'd say just turn the eye down to make it look angry. Very nice though.

I agree on the Atlanta Hawks thing...I've deliberately tried to avoid riffing off that, as well as Miami-Ohio and Iowa.

I did a lot of visual research on what makes a hawk different from a falcon, eagle, raven, etc. and tried to incorporate those shapes.

Atlanta's is so distinct that it's hard to do something that doesn't seem similar. I did try to give the 'hook' to the back of the hawk's head to differentiate.

I really like this input...thanks and keep it coming.

Good start, but a lot more could be done with this. Adding a black outline around the red of the head to create more depth would be a suggestion. Turning the eye downwards could make it a bit more intimidating. But keep exploring, there's a lot more that can be done with this.

Adding a black outline around the red of the head

First thing I thought of, too.

I love the back end of the head. Very dynamic. The front is nice, too, I hate to say it, but it may be too realistic. For example, the top beak seems too thin- accurate, but not what we associate with a Hawk beak. More falconish. And for the eyes that people keep talking about, don't be afraid to monkey with them. If it looks pretty realistic, and not 100%, that's ok.

It definitely is too realistic. The white on the beak really says "flamingo" to me. You could definitely do this without the darker red, too. Using black for shadows will give them more depth and contrast. I think the shadows must be altered as well, because there is just far too much flat red space, and it robs this logo of depth. The lines could be more aggressive, as could the eye.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Bumped for the update...check it out, ya'll.

The secondary bird is very accurate but it doesn't seem aggressive enough.

When I see the bird I think,

"I'm sad that I'm flying." -Strong Sad

But with a few minor tweaks this will become something very good, if not great.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Hawk head: Great job! I like the detail, but the mouth might be open a little too big. Nice fierce look, though

Full body hawk: The red one looks great, the grey one, not so much. But that's just the color. The design is perfect. You might want to tweak his eye a little to make him meaner.

Nice work overall and welcome to the boards. You have some real potential.

Archived