I can not tell...

tohasbo

It's the trim around the edges that is a different material and is throwing things off. Either it is supposed to be the same color and looks bad in certain lighting, or it is meant to be a lighter shade of blue and was intentional. Either way, it doesn't look good.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Anyone that says that the rectangle on the top is dark blue is colorblind.

Those must just be some strange shadows.

Look at the guys shorts, you can see where the shadow ends the shorts are clearly blue

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

untitled4gl.th.jpg

Anyone that says that the rectangle on the top is dark blue is colorblind.

Those must just be some strange shadows.

Look at the guys shorts, you can see where the shadow ends the shorts are clearly blue

The guy's shorts are blue, that is true. There are obviously some shadows on the other parts that look black.

It's interesting to me that so many people have these kinds of arguments over whether something is Navy Blue or Black (it happens a lot), but no one ever questions what the Yankees' primary color is. It's a much darker Navy than the Warriors use, but since people are so accustomed to the fact that it's Navy and NOT Black, they overlook how flippin' dark it is.

Here are the Yankees' colors - using the Pantone Textiles to show how dark the Navy is:

NewYorkYankees_FRC_2006_TEX.jpg

I think the main reason that people aren't arguing about the Yanks is that everybody already agrees that it's blue - and it is clearly blue, although a very dark shade. Put 'em next to the White Sox, and the difference becomes very clear.

Those Warriors jerseys, though, really do look black unless the light is hitting them just right...the shimmery/reflective fabric is what really plays that trick on the eyes.

Archived