New sabres concepts

CDunn

I've had these done for a while, but was lazy about getting them up on the site.  

I've been talking to many Sabres fans, many of whom like the alts much more than the regular home and roads. Most of them also say they like the old blue and gold(actually yellow).  

So I took the alts, added some stripes, and some shoulder colors, a different collar, and BAM!!  The Blue and Golds use darker colors than what was actually used in the past, but not navy blue and metallic gold :angry: .  I also used black in the logos, so there's some black in the uni and #'s.  I didn't put contrasting shoulders on the blue jerseys b/c I didn't want to make them black, I just wanted black at the hem.  I also didn't want yellow or white shoulders.

And, in an attempt to get SHB to say something other than "UGH, I hate blue and gold" or "Old school sucks", I included the same jerseys done in current colors.  I didn't put letters or numbers on, though.  They'd stay the same as on the current alts.

So, here they are.

Blue and yellow:

white jersey

blue jersey

Red and Black:

white jersey

red jersey

I think that's what they're trying to do. Golisano has focused on the history of the team, especially the old colors, ever since he took over. I'd be surprised if they weren't back in blue and yellow within 3 years.

I love the blue concepts. Adding black and avoiding navy/metallic gold will be the best way to go for the Sabres. I've never been a fan of the goathead or the font, but they look great anyway. The red version looks almost as good.

Those are very nice!  I do love the blue and gold set.  It's not navy and metallic gold (which is a good thing), though the blue does look a little darker than their old blue.

The white jereys on the red/silver set make me think Devils.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like these a lot, but I'm not sure I like the use of the black. However, I think blue, gold (yellow), and black, is the way to go for them. Here's a concept I came up with a while back for em. Very retro, but a modern spice.

I hope I don't take over the thread, and if you want me to remove the link I will no Sabres. Just let me know.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jbstri/buf2.gif

wow, thanks for all the kind replies.

Mockba:  Yeah, the blue and yellow in my concepts are darker than the originals.  For the Blue, think Winnepeg Jets and Edmonton oilers(79-96). That exact color isn't used currently in the NHL today, I believe.

the yellow is akin to Calgary's yellow.

I never intended to do these in the current colors, but decided to see what it looked like at the last minute and thought they looked kinda cool, so I put them up.  They remind me of the Devils, too, but I was just following the pattern of the blue and yellow ones.

Archived