Week 3 alternates

shiznit1083

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Powder Blue is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!

Preacher, brother, preach it! :D

Actually, although I know that Spanos hates them, I wish the Chargers would bring back their Fouts-era throwbacks for just one game. Would bring a tear me eye, yes it would....

I've said it before and i'll say it again...

The Chargers Powder Blues have been and most likely always will the the best uniforms ever created in the history of pro football...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

breesinpowderblueuni_343x17.jpg

Man, that is one ugly helmet.

I can't quite figure why I hate this jersey, but I do. Maybe it's because powder blue is too much of a baby color for a team called the Chargers! Maybe it's the wicked lame white stripe between the bolt and the jersey. Maybe it's the fact that they use a different color blue on the helmet and the jersey. Maybe it's the fact that the number style on the jersey doesn't match the number style on the helmet. Maybe it's the fact that, while historic, these are just completely unintimidating jerseys. Maybe it's the fact that the Chargers need a new identity period. The arc of lightning sucks as a logo.

header_wk3thrwbck.jpg

Someone please explain to me why the H is bigger than the other letters in the throwback logo (and if it's to represent uprights, that is supremely lame)

I don't hate the powder blue color though. It would work nice as an accent color, maybe use a powder blue bolt on the jerseys...? And I think a powder blue "chrome" helmet with a white or gold bolt outlined in navy blue would look really nice (and yet possibly unintimidating).

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I personally love these unis.  They look great IMO.  It's not even about the fact that it's a throwback, because I'm not a big traditionalist.  I love everything about it, and unlike every uniform nowadays, I don't find the need for a dark color on the jersey. If they make it a full-time uni, I think just a few change should be made.  First, the horse shield logo should be the primary logo (however no need to add it to the the uni.  Second, drop the numbers on the helmet.  And third, make the mask powder blue.

Even though I really love them, I think they should stay alternates.  I don't think there is anything wrong with their currents.

Someone please explain to me why the H is bigger than the other letters in the throwback logo (and if it's to represent uprights, that is supremely lame)

THe H is bigger because it represents the style of goalposts that were used when the Chargers and the wordmark came into being in 1960.  The "slingshot" style uprights did not become standard until 1969.

Your "supreme lameness" designation is thus duly recorded although I must respectfully disagree.

Vive le difference. :)

Man, that is one ugly helmet.

I can't quite figure why I hate this jersey, but I do. Maybe it's because powder blue is too much of a baby color for a team called the Chargers! Maybe it's the wicked lame white stripe between the bolt and the jersey. Maybe it's the fact that they use a different color blue on the helmet and the jersey. Maybe it's the fact that the number style on the jersey doesn't match the number style on the helmet. Maybe it's the fact that, while historic, these are just completely unintimidating jerseys. Maybe it's the fact that the Chargers need a new identity period. The arc of lightning sucks as a logo.

I don't hate the powder blue color though. It would work nice as an accent color, maybe use a powder blue bolt on the jerseys...? And I think a powder blue "chrome" helmet with a white or gold bolt outlined in navy blue would look really nice (and yet possibly unintimidating).

Wow rog.... i.... i can't believe what i am reading...

That helmet is so great.... the numbers give it a uniqueness lacking in the NFL today...

The powder, or "Collegiate" blue is not a pansy baby color... do you think UCLA is lame? (well, they are, but their uniforms rule)  :P

the jersey is so well designed, the helmet is a great design.... it is... it is a uniform that was way ahead of it's time....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well now that I've seen the UCLA Bruins jerseys, no I can't say I like them much either, but that's expected of college football. Never mind that I generally already hate college football just because it is impossible to get excitied about any of the games unless you've actually attended or leave near any of these universities.  The fact that I can't find a single good uniform amongst the million and one teams in it just adds to it.  (I'm sure there probably are some, but it'll take about fifty years to look at all 1,000,001 uniforms.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The collegiate blues are okay one game a year.  I just...ugh..hate to think of them wearing those every game.  It looks bad enough on UCLA, don't bring it to the Chargers.

The love-affair with throwbacks is beyond me.  While I would think it cool to see the Fouts-era unis on these throwback Sundays, the current uniforms are good enough.   I hate to think of what "minor modications" could bring...particularly with some of the crap the NFL has rolled out in recent years.  Just leave them alone.

Of the NFL throwbacks I've seen, only the Giants are an improvement.  I am saddened by Jets fans, for example, who cling to the throwbacks because of one (albeit HUGE) game.  While I loved..and I can't empahsize that enough...the throwbacks uniforms (obviously, not the logo!) of the  Broncos that they wore in '94, I wouldn't say bring 'em back.  Let's live in the present.

Archived