Grey Cup Thread

lopernv

It may be the best ever if you're an Eskimo fan...

But still it picked up in the second and was entertaining...

The worst part of the braodcast was Steve Armitage--I'm sure they can find better announcers than him somewhere--check the broadcasting programs and small town stations--.

I can't help thinking somewhere in Canada there must be someone better than Armitage...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I watched the very end of the game on INHD (thanks to my wonderful cable company "Urban Cable".)

They mentioned that the game was at GM Place. My questions are

1. Don't the Canucks play there? How would that arena be big enough for a football field?

2. Doesn't it only hold 21,000 (more or less?) Wouldn't the CFL's championship game draw more than that?

3. Did the artificial surface in GM Place look more like a green carpet than any other modern surface? It didn't even look like Field Turf to me. Maybe it was just the lighting though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I watched the very end of the game on INHD (thanks to my wonderful cable company "Urban Cable".)

They mentioned that the game was at GM Place. My questions are

1. Don't the Canucks play there? How would that arena be big enough for a football field?

2. Doesn't it only hold 21,000 (more or less?) Wouldn't the CFL's championship game draw more than that?

3. Did the artificial surface in GM Place look more like a green carpet than any other modern surface? It didn't even look like Field Turf to me. Maybe it was just the lighting though.

It's BC place, not GM place.

I saw, I came, I left.

It was an amazing game, starting in the third quarter. Very frustrating for the Alouettes fans, but what can we do...

I've got a question though... On the first play of the second possession for the Als in OT, Calvillo tried to pass, in was blocked, but then it came back in his hands. He then decided to throw to a wide open Kerry Watkins (who miserably dropped the ball). Flags were thrown as it was an illegal forward pass.

My question is this. Since the first pass attempt was blocked, then there was no first completed pass. How can the second pass be illegal forward pass?

Plus, it wasn't even a pass since Watkins dropped it...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Vancouver put on a great Grey Cup festival this year! The whole event was magnificantly organized, and put together. Winnipeg has a tough Grey Cup to follow up but I think they can do it well. Looking forward to a game being played outdoors in Winnipeg next November, snow falling, temperature under zero, this is how a CFL game should be played. BC Place is a great stadium, and it's great when it is raining outsite but I love atmosphere of an outdoor game much more than a game in a dome.

Archived