Wyoming Wildebeest Concept

AAO

The Wildebeest head was actually done back in May, but I never completed nor released it. It didn't look exactly the way it is now, and the colors were different. I added a body, and came up with a brand new wordmark. This is my first attempt at a wordmark like this, so it was pretty cool trying it.

*UPDATE 3- COLORADO U. BUFFALOES*

A set without green, a set with green:

Complete-ColoradoUBuffaloes.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most of your concepts I've seen, this is looking really good. The alt. logo of the W with the tail and horns is great...almost humorous. The body looks awkward to me. It seems like it connects to the head oddly. The line to the right of the jaw/beardline...is that supposed to be part of the leg? It looks out of place because I'm not sure what it's supposed to be.

I don't know about this one AAO. The body looks kind of misshapen, and it just doesn't seem fit. The back looks too arched, and I think of wildebeests to be very thick animals, and the face looks to thin and cartoony to me. It's got promise, but just not one of your better executions.

This might sound really stupid, but I think the Wildebeest's back needs to be higher up. It seems more like a cat's back to me. But then again I haven't seen a wildebeest in ages.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Can I ask why Wyoming? Wildabeest (Gnu) are African. And obviously Tigers and Lions aren't from Detroit either.....just curious.

Is it just a "W" aliteration device?

I love the subject matter though.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I just looked at some pictures of wildebeest so I could give some imput, and here's basically what I noticed. Here's the best pic that I found of a side view:

61wildebeest.jpg

The body seems to be alright now except the "hump on the back". In the pics I saw, it didn't connect directly to the head. It came back down, then the neck forms. In some of the pics, it seemed like the snout is longer than what you have, kind of like a cow or horse. Take this pic for example:

blue-wildebeest_2039.jpg

Hope that helps.

Damnit i've rendered a Bison/Buffalo/Bill and named the team Wildebeest. :wacko:

For some reason, I always thought Wildebeest referred to those types of animals (oxen, bison). But then I realized a Wildebeest was its whole own animal.

And Sterling, in the most non-Limp Bizkit way, 'I did it all for the alliteration,' plus its a state I haven't used in any of my 40+ concepts. I was also going to render a hidden W where the gold part of the tail is, where it appears as an 'N' now (unintentionally).

I need a name switch now. Montana Bison? Buffalo Buffalo? Could I go as far as to name them...the Buffalo Bills? Or how about Buffalo Stampede? Stampede works, right? It could double for city name, and what kind of stampede--a Buffalo stampede...

haha help me out here....

Archived