Longhorn Basketball

rainmaker17

just heard this on our sports station a few minutes ago. Texas will wear 'special' black uniforms when they play Duke (next week I think). Apparently it was supposed to be a secret that leaked out. I say it should stay a secret...as in NEVER WEAR THEM. Like many posts here have stated, adding black does nothing to improve a teams image usually. In this case it's UT and Nike ringing the holiday cash register. Pathetic.

Pics and links when I can find them.

:cursing:

newsig.jpg

Ugh...I'm certainly no fan of Texas (I certainly loved when Syracuse punked them and TJ Ford in 2003), but I think they have very nice uniforms. Black with orange writing? How Oregon State. How Oklahoma State. How Cincinnati Bengals. Did Texas really need to ruin a pretty clean, classy, and nice look? What a shame.

Oh, and UT in a route. Duke's completely overrated.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Being a UT fan, I think this is not a good idea. I'm not opposed to the "add-black" trend, I just don't think this is where it needs to be added. And Nike shouldn't have added it to Duke's unis this year either.

Whatever. Hopefully they'll only wear them once. I guess it's a small price to pay seeing the b-ball team in black if it means the football team doesn't show up in the ridiculous different-color-shoulder garbage that VTech, Miami, and Florida wore.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Coach Rick Barnes is on the radio right now talking about the uniform. He says it's a collaborative effort between Nike and the school to "commemorate 100 years of Texas basketball." Apparently they had a choice between grey or black for the alt...and the players chose the black version. Barnes says it looks good, but understands that fans may not like them. They have white characters outlined in burnt orange. The team has also been wearing a centennial patch all season (news to me) and will incorporate it into the the new uniform as well.

Yeah, nothing says 'traditional' or 'commemorative' like a third black alt.

newsig.jpg

I could almost swear I've seen a black UT fashion foorball jersey before. They were horrible, because even at a very short distance, the orange and black blended in because there were no outlines. Terrible idea.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I could almost swear I've seen a black UT fashion foorball jersey before. They were horrible, because even at a very short distance, the orange and black blended in because there were no outlines. Terrible idea.

Yup. Black jersey with burt orange numbers and letters.

spikes.jpg

Coach Rick Barnes is on the radio right now talking about the uniform.  He says it's a collaborative effort between Nike and the school to "commemorate 100 years of Texas basketball."  Apparently they had a choice between grey or black for the alt...and the players chose the black version.  Barnes says it looks good, but understands that fans may not like them.  They have white characters outlined in burnt orange.  The team has also been wearing a centennial patch all season (news to me) and will incorporate it into the the new uniform as well.

Yeah, nothing says 'traditional' or 'commemorative' like a third black alt.

Yeah, you'd think they would introduce a throwback or something instead of just making a black uniform, especially when Oklahoma State is in the same conference as UT and has worn black uniforms with white numbers and orange trim in basketball for a very long time. But I guess that's Nike for you.

just saw them on the news. Not too bad considering Nike is behind them. Pretty basic. They look a lot like tohasbo's concept, perhaps a little more burnt orange in the number outline and side trim. Also the 'TEXAS' is arched I think. I'm still not a big fan of the black but it could have been WAY worse.

I still can't make out the centennial patch, but it's clearly there.

newsig.jpg

You're correct on all accounts. It's the jersey the QBs wear in practice. Now that they sell them at the campus stores you see the #10 version all over the place here. And I agree it's hard to make out the numbers, the burnt orange is too dark and needs an outline. I'd flip out if they wore those in a game.

newsig.jpg

Archived