New Orleans Saints Concept

Cujo

I just put together a lil something for the Saints if they did move to Los Angeles. I doubt they'll keep the name Saints, but we'll just go with that for now. I did eliminate their current logo and just went with a generic "LA" logo for now that's somewhat similar to the Express of the USFL. I also made up the jerseys kinda like the Xtreme of the XFL (Hell yeah!) to kinda go with the retro L.A. theme. I kept black and gold, but I doubt if I were in charge of bringing in a team to L.A. I'd be keeping those colors, but thats for another topic.

Anyways, C&C. Thanks! :)

proj_la.png

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think it would be right if the saints moved, not only would it mess up the way the divisions are set but it wouldent make sense to me, When I think of New Orleans I think Saints and Jazz... oh wait thats right the Jazz moved to Utah.... :wacko:

As for the concept, I like it looks modern, I like modern :rolleyes:

I just put together a lil something for the Saints if they did move to Los Angeles.  I doubt they'll keep the name Saints, but we'll just go with that for now. I did eliminate their current logo and just went with a generic "LA" logo for now that's somewhat similar to the Express of the USFL.  I also made up the jerseys kinda like the Xtreme of the XFL (Hell yeah!) to kinda go with the retro L.A. theme.  I kept black and gold, but I doubt if I were in charge of bringing in a team to L.A. I'd be keeping those colors, but thats for another topic.

Anyways, C&C.  Thanks!  :)

proj_la.png

cool, but i dont see homer simpson playing on the saints anytime soon! :P

homer_football.gif

but if they keep on losing, they might want to consider coach Simpson.

5f03_trainer_homer.jpg

Team moving from a Southern city...

tapered helmet stripes...

futuristic numbers...

colored yokes...

retained colors from team's previous incarnation, but not in the same amounts, and a darker color predominates compared to the old team's look...

It's coming off like a Titans package, recolored for the Saints. That said, I liked it better when the Titans came out with it, but I wouldn't want to see other teams try and adopt it, or something like it. *shrugs*

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The helmet is a little too similar to this...

Steve%20Young%20Auto%20Helmet.jpg

for serious.

I thought I had already established this.

I did eliminate their current logo and just went with a generic "LA" logo for now that's somewhat similar to the Express of the USFL.

6uXNWAo.png

for serious.

I did eliminate their current logo and just went with a generic "LA" logo for now that's somewhat similar to the Express of the USFL.

You said it's "somewhat similar." I said it's "too similar." Of course, I'm probably oversensitive due to the bitterness and disillusionment that stems from yet another lost season for my Saints. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Team moving from a Southern city...

tapered helmet stripes...

futuristic numbers...

colored yokes...

retained colors from team's previous incarnation, but not in the same amounts, and a darker color predominates compared to the old team's look...

It's coming off like a Titans package, recolored for the Saints.  That said, I liked it better when the Titans came out with it, but I wouldn't want to see other teams try and adopt it, or something like it.  *shrugs*

Please dont remind me of the Oilers leaving me. Being a saints fan may be painful as it is, but i know they will allways need and love their saints. i still miss my Oilers

581.gif

It's an interesting concept. I do think there may be a bit too much black on the white jersey.

From the front it looks fine, because you see all the white all the way down the front. But on a player, where the shoulder pads are stretched to the max, and where the shirt is tucked in, the proportions may be even more skewed towards the black. Additionally, on TV, where most of what you see is shoulders, they would look very black.

The Titans are able to get away with it because the fronts of their shoulders are the main jersey colour. I just don't know if what you're proposing would fly.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

for serious.

You said it's "somewhat similar." I said it's "too similar." Of course, I'm probably oversensitive due to the bitterness and disillusionment that stems from yet another lost season for my Saints. :P

Bro, sorry if this concept is upsetting. I didn't create this concept to get under the skin of Saints fans. It just seems more and more like they're done with the city of New Orleans and L.A. seems to be the city of choice as far as the NFL is concerned.

6uXNWAo.png

for serious.

Bro, sorry if this concept is upsetting. I didn't create this concept to get under the skin of Saints fans. It just seems more and more like they're done with the city of New Orleans and L.A. seems to be the city of choice as far as the NFL is concerned.

No prob. I'm secure in the knowledge that it would be politically unacceptable for the Saints to "abandon" N.O. following Katrina. They're not going anywhere. Unfortunately, that's equally true on the field. ^_^

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I know what its like to like a team that sucks {Pirates} and have a team threaten to move {Penguins} so i feel your pain but, anyways. The jersey is a great concept, just keep the saints in New Orleans, its all they have left.

oBIgzrL.png

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I like these....I'm not crazy about the helmet, but the uniforms, I like....However, I think the away jersey isn't white enough...It's got too much black on it...

Who said that was a jersey for Homer Simpson? I think it was intended as O.J. Simpson, who wore #32 and played college ball in Los Angeles (USC)...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

Who said that was a jersey for Homer Simpson? I think it was intended as O.J. Simpson, who wore #32 and played college ball in Los Angeles (USC)...

Yeah, just to clear up any confusion, that jersey was intended to be O.J., not Homer Simpson as I was going with the "Great USC/Heisman winning player" theme. I guess I could come up with an updateed Reggie Bush away alternate now that he's in the club. :D

6uXNWAo.png

• 1 month later...

Archived