A Yankee called Nomar Garciaparra?

Swiss

JUST SAY NOMAR

By GEORGE KING December 13, 2005 -- Three years ago the odds of Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and Nomar Garciaparra together in the Yankees' infield were as long as a Beatles reunion.

Today, it's moving toward even money. That's because the Yankees are considering signing the 32-year-old Garciaparra to play first base.

While GM Brian Cashman and agent Arn Tellem refused to confirm or deny an offer has been made by the Yankees to Garciaparra, several industry sources indicated an offer has been made.

"I can't say anything, I can't make any comment other than to say a number of teams have expressed interest...

Source

NG_AR_DJ.jpg

Oh man, that is very ugly! :puke:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

By GEORGE KING December 13, 2005 -- Three years ago the odds of Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez and Nomar Garciaparra together in the Yankees' infield were as long as a Beatles reunion.

Yep... now-a-days, the odds of Nomar staying healthy are as long as a Beatles Reunion.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, this is ugly. Wouldn't Nomar make a better 2nd baseman than a 1st baseman anyway? I don't think this is going to happen, but you never know, the Yankees probably will pay him soo much more than everyone else. It's sad to see how things have gone for Nomar over the past few years. From the press saying how he ruined the Red Sox, and how he doesn't care about the team, to all the injuries. Asks the question...is this once great player still a hall of famer?

Every superstar wants to play for the Yankees...

...If Nomar goes, and that's a pretty big "if", I'm curious to find out where the new string of playoff disappointments would rank, maybe higher than that 2004 ALCS.

Last time I checked, a previously-cursed team won a World Series.

Actually they say that the Astros are now interested in NOOHMAAR..er...I mean Mr. Mia Hamm. Yankees have all the power they need right now and they will get #27 next year.

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

The New York Yankees will always crap in the playoffs no matter..and they are dorks, so is George Stienbanner.. blah screw him... I hope Nomar stays with the Cubs or go to other teams... not the CrapYankees!!! BLAH!!! :cursing:

wow. i think that post killed a few brain cells.

welcome to dullsville, population - you.

The New York Yankees will always crap in the playoffs no matter..and they are dorks, so is George Stienbanner.. blah screw him... I hope Nomar stays with the Cubs or go to other teams... not the CrapYankees!!! BLAH!!! :cursing:

Well, there have been at least 26 times they did not "crap" in the playoffs right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The New York Yankees will always crap in the playoffs no matter..and they are dorks, so is George Stienbanner.. blah screw him... I hope Nomar stays with the Cubs or go to other teams... not the CrapYankees!!! BLAH!!!  :cursing:

HAHA joel_fiasco... but seriously, Why does the Yankees have to be so competitive and try to kill everything that would be more leveled off for teams such as Minnesota, Toronto, and others so they can be in the playoffs with the highest payroll?? geez The Yankees's owner needs to think lower salary cap range and be able to compete equally among the other MLB teams eh? Oh and think abuot what happened to the Montreal Expos and maybe in the future the Toronto Blue Jays?Just my opinion as well...

The New York Yankees will always crap in the playoffs no matter..and they are dorks, so is George Stienbanner.. blah screw him... I hope Nomar stays with the Cubs or go to other teams... not the CrapYankees!!! BLAH!!!  :cursing:

Well, there have been at least 26 times they did not "crap" in the playoffs right?

gregjigga5, yeah the Yankess have been World Series champions 26 times..but I would think the other 29 teams deserves a chance to be World Series champs for a good stretch of time... hey look at Boston and Chicago and Florida and Anaheim (now LA Angels of Anaheim), they have won the World Series... and I'm proud of their efforts!!! Now let the other teams have a good shot at the World Series.... just my opinion on that eh....

HAHA joel_fiasco... but seriously, Why does the Yankees have to be so competitive and try to kill everything that would be more leveled off for teams such as Minnesota, Toronto, and others so they can be in the playoffs with the highest payroll??

ummmm.....because there's no rule against it.

geez The Yankees's owner needs to think lower salary cap range and be able to compete equally among the other MLB teams eh?

again, there's no rule against it.

Oh and think abuot what happened to the Montreal Expos and maybe in the future the Toronto Blue Jays?Just my opinion as well...

baseball in canada? next thing you know, there'll be hockey in florida, texas, and arizona!!!

The funny thing is this was a joke about 5 years ago that the Yankees could end up with all the elite shortstops on their infield.

Now the only joke is that they'll probably pay about 8 million a year for Nomar.

Archived