WLAF 2

cyandlux

Las Vegas Bighorns Nevada state animal. Large, intimidating and strong.

Singapore Lions National animal in a way...merlion really. Strong, Pride.

Omaha Bison Plains animal, strong, native, center of pride.

Tokyo Sharks Cool animal, Tokyos a bay, viola!

Hawaii Kings same ole same ole

Hong Kong Dragons Some chinese flare

Sacramento Rush Gold and river conotations

San Antonio Rattlesnakes Slick, sleek, desert creature, dangerous

Quebec Trappers "I hope we dont do the same thing that we did with the beaver" "Ahh the beaver, what were we thinking?"

Orlando Steeds Its native, its different, its cool (that or ducks!)

Birmingham Renegades In a South kinda Billy the Kid kinda way

Mexico City Aztecas Mexicans take a lot of pride in the Aztecs (I think they were nuts!)

Portland Prowlers Not sure, sounds good, foresty

Windsor (Ca) Ambasadors The bridge, I need something else.

Please add any ideas you have for any of the above or any city you think should be added and/or subtracted and why! I want to keep it to 5 asian, 10 to 15 North American and 5 European cities.

You are aware that Portland Prowlers was the name of our one-year wonder in the IPFL back in 2000, right? Not trying to be critical, just trying to encourage you to follow your original premise of original nicknames for these cities. Same thing with Omaha Bison -- their IPFL franchise was the Omaha Beef. I really dig the Bison nickname, though!

Overall, I like the Birmingham Renegades. That has a nice ring to it.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

nice to see a Las Vegas team named after something different than gambling, cowboys or the Strip.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'd get rid of the "City" in Mexico City and just call them the Mexico Aztecas.

Britain could use a team, move the Sea Devils back to Scotland and resurrect the Claymores.

Instead of Windsor, I'd move them to Halifax and christen them the Nova Scotia Schooners (the Bluenose was a schooner).

What about a team in the Caribbean? Move Birmingham to San Juan and call them the San Juan Hurricanes.

stoneraizersig.jpg

European Teams:

Amsterdam Admirals

Barcelona Dragons

Berlin Thunder

Cardiff Crusaders

Dublin Stallions

Frankfurt Galaxy

Helsinki Glaciers

London Monarchs

Oslo Marauders

Paris Revolution

Rome Centurions

Scottish Claymores

Stockholm Sea Devils

American teams:

Anaheim/Los Angeles Slayers

Birmingham Fire

Motor City Machines

New York Knights (Revival)

San Francisco/San Jose/Oakland Matrix (or Hackers)

Oklahoma City Oilers

Orlando Lightning

San Antonio Gunslingers

Toronto Mammoth

Tucson Gila Monsters

Utah Grizzlies

Vancouver Vandals

I want to avoid CFL conflict cities, that goes for the NFL too, unless a team were IN NYC, which I dont see having a stadium that could house 30,000 people.

Im working on an LA right now, but I cant think of a great name.

I love the name Mammoth but I cant think of where to put them....Saskatoon?

I think if I have to Im going to go with New Mexico as the Nomads...what do you think?

neo_prankster you came up with a lot of great city suggestions in Europe, Im thinking of possibly "relocating" (through the magic of design) the existing NFL E teams based on a few of your suggestions.

What do you think about Hartford Harpoons or Hartford Tritons?

I like JH42XCC's idea of the Connecticutt Commandos.

I want to keep away from "war themes" because of Iraq and the war on terror and I also want it to be Hartford since I want them to "play" at Rinschler Field in East Hartford, I also dont really like the word Connecticut, hey Im from here I can say that! :P

Other considerations are "viable" locations/venues. I dont think (now, dont get me wrong, a CFL team would work) Halifax would be a great location....#1 is no viable stadium and I want existing venues....that goes for Puerto Rico too.

Thats a lot to digest, thanks for your help and input and keep it coming!

bump

Heres the problem Im having with the West right now and I only want 6 teams, so 1 has to go:

sacramento rush

las vegas bighorns

portland dockers?

la (ana)

san antonio lonestars

new mexico nomads?

saskatchwan mamoth?

saskatoon mastodons?

Im leaning towards getting rid of New Mexico for saskatoon, but Im not sure, what do you think?

Archived