Mooterus Sighting

jkrdevil

Mooterus :thumbs down.

OLN televising a west coast game :thumbs up

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Well that'll just add to the embarassment the Kings are gonna hand the Stars tonight, I guess. :P

It looks like the Stars' marketing department really doesn't wanna let this monstrosity die...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Penguins/Leafs did the same thing

Well, the Leafs do have a white alternate.

It looks like the Stars' marketing department really doesn't wanna let this monstrosity die...

Actually, someone else here said the Stars were going to wear this jersey as few times as possible this year, and on the road whenever they could so as not to subject their home fans to it.

1zgyd8w.jpg

I saw a Mooterus at the Leafs game last Monday. I felt ashamed to be near that thing. Seriously, I know that an alternate uniform is supposed to give you the freedom to explore a totally new identity for your team, but it just doesn't work. they're the STARS, not the Bulls. The star is way too secondary in the design for the team name (and yes, I get the significance of the bull and Texas)

I also saw lots of Habs clothing at the ACC, very cool :D

I also saw lots of Habs clothing at the ACC, very cool  :D

I want names :cursing::P

I dunno if my associates would appreaciate that. Heck, I got Compliments when I wore my old red Roy jersey to the Maple Leafs Skills comp three years back. :D

I think Toronto fans are more concerned with hating Ottawa now than over the Habs/Leafs fued. That will change of course when the Habs win the Cup

I also saw lots of Habs clothing at the ACC, very cool  :D

I want names :cursing::P

I dunno if my associates would appreaciate that. Heck, I got Compliments when I wore my old red Roy jersey to the Maple Leafs Skills comp three years back. :D

I think Toronto fans are more concerned with hating Ottawa now than over the Habs/Leafs fued. That will change of course when the Habs win the Cup

The thing with the Habs/Leafs rivalry is that it's a hate/respect deal. We just flat out hate the Sens.

National TV? What? Where? There's a national TV package? When and where? Oh yeah, I forgot the NHL has it's head up it's butt and went from ESPN to OLN! Yeah that was a good move! NOT! Sorry venting there a little. At least I get to see the Kings and the Ducks on Fox Sports West and FSW2. There are games east of the Mississippi, I didn't know that!

Actually, the NHL got dropped by ESPN. It was by no means a voluntary leap over to OLN.

As for the Mooterus jerseys, I think we can all agree that the less they are seen, the better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Actually, the NHL got dropped by ESPN. It was by no means a voluntary leap over to OLN.

As for the Mooterus jerseys, I think we can all agree that the less they are seen, the better.

From what I have heard the break up between ESPN and the NHL was mutual. The NHL was unhappy with espn's coverage. They signed with Comcast/OLN because of

1. Money

2. Knowing the fact OLN is probably going to get some NFL games starting in next season. Right now the NFL is negotiating and Thursday-Saturday game package and Comcast/OLN is the front runner. If OLN gets the package the channel will become more available. The NHL knew this year was they would be kind of hidden but is hoping in the long run OLN will be a competitor with ESPN and be on a station that treats the league with respect.

Actually, the NHL got dropped by ESPN.  It was by no means a voluntary leap over to OLN.

From what I have heard the break up between ESPN and the NHL was mutual. The NHL was unhappy with espn's coverage. They signed with Comcast/OLN because of

1. Money

2. Knowing the fact OLN is probably going to get some NFL games starting in next season. Right now the NFL is negotiating and Thursday-Saturday game package and Comcast/OLN is the front runner. If OLN gets the package the channel will become more available. The NHL knew this year was they would be kind of hidden but is hoping in the long run OLN will be a competitor with ESPN and be on a station that treats the league with respect.

Actually, OLN is no longer in the running for the Thursday/Saturday NFL package. Their bid did not meet the NFL's requirements for the package. The only two networks still in the negogiation process are ESPN and TNT.

ESPN did not make much of an offer for the NHL because the ratings they got with replacement programming of men's and women's college basketball, college baseball and college softball all outdrew the previous year's NHL game in that slot by a 2-1 (sometimes 3-1) margin. Add that the college programming did not require rights fees, and ESPN had no reason to up their offer to the NHL.

Actually, the NHL got dropped by ESPN.  It was by no means a voluntary leap over to OLN.

1. Money

Actually, OLN is no longer in the running for the Thursday/Saturday NFL package. Their bid did not meet the NFL's requirements for the package. The only two networks still in the negogiation process are ESPN and TNT.

ESPN did not make much of an offer for the NHL because the ratings they got with replacement programming of men's and women's college basketball, college baseball and college softball all outdrew the previous year's NHL game in that slot by a 2-1 (sometimes 3-1) margin. Add that the college programming did not require rights fees, and ESPN had no reason to up their offer to the NHL.

Well, I do know that ESPN did not make much of a bid. That's why it was a mutual departure. Personally, I think ESPN's promotion had much to do with the low ratings.

I have not heard that about the NFL package. I had read the TNT was out of the running.

ESPN offered 30 Mill

OLN offered 100 Mill

Obviously they went with the more money. Nobody dropped anything. It was just a new deal that happened to be with another station.

Archived