Big Ten in White

OnWis97

Am I correct that the Big Ten wore white in all 7 of its Bowl appearances?

Michigan (I am not certain here)

Minnesota

Northwestern

Wisconsin

Iowa

Ohio State

Penn State

I am sure it's just a fluke, but I thought it was worth noting...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Sort of o/t, but wasn't last night's Orange Bowl one of the best games ever in terms of uni match-ups? You had one of the classiest "traditional" uniforms with PSU, and one of the best looking "contemporary" teams in FSU.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sort of o/t, but wasn't last night's Orange Bowl one of the best games ever in terms of uni match-ups? You had one of the classiest "traditional" uniforms with PSU, and one of the best looking "contemporary" teams in FSU.

Yes, it was. I thought that Nebraska v. Michigan was another excellent classic uniform matchup.

Just had to throw in a silly comment by my wife (not a football fan)

We were watching the Penn State game and she asked "Why doesnt Penn State wear real uniforms, those are so plain they look like something you would practice in....agreeing with her completely I simply answered "tradition" Well the following night we were watching the Texas game and she asked "Did Texas get their uniforms the same place Penn State did?" Like I said...just thought I would throw this in for comic relief.

Yes Penn State and Texas actually got their uni's from the same place... Oregon and Nike. What I can't seem to figure out is how the same company can turn out the horrible uniforms for Oregon! :lol:

I don't really see Florida State as contemporary. They've changed very little for thirty years or so, the only big changes being the change from block numbers to the current rounded numbers, and the addition of the "feather" collar. The uniform has very little striping or piping, just a feather collar and a round font. Pretty simple. The Bears have round numbers, but nobody calls their uniforms contemporary.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think that the feathered collar and number style does make it contemporary. When I look at a Bears uniform, I can imagine someone wearing nearly the exact same thing 30, 40, 50+ years ago. Their number style is, while not block, still very basic.

I really can't picture a grainy, black and white, old school football tape featuring players running around in the FSU uniforms. Maybe it's just the thickness of the numbers, but I can't think of any teams "back in the day" using anything similiar. They aren't over the top like some of the super modern teams (some teams use the Avalance font for cryin' out loud), but they aren't traditional either.

The feather trim is definately not traditional, yet at the same time isn't super modern like piping or Broncos-esque side panels, or Falcons-esque sleeves, etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the entire BCS, with the lone exception of West Virginia, featured tremendous uniforms and uniform matchups. Not only that, but the correct home and away matchups were achieved also, i.e., I think ND-OSU looks best with ND in blue and OSU in white, and so on, including Penn State and Texas looking great in all white.

Archived