New Orleans Saints concept

LucaMaz3

this is my first concept on the board for a while, i just got illustrator. in this saints concept i basically switched the roles of the gold (the greenish-gold the saints used to wear) and the black. for example, my home jersey is gold and my primary logo is black (the saints fluer-de-lis is gold) also, i made the helmet black, as well as adding two alternate logos. the crest-like one is not on any of the uniforms...it is an update of an old saints logo. however, i think it could be cool on hats and other merchandise. UPDATE 1

New-Orleans-Saints-concepts.gif

Luca, I'm a 14 year season ticketholder for the Saints and I like your concepts with the exception of the helmet.......They wore black helmets once in the 1969 preseason and havent since..It may take some getting used too..But overall , it's a solid effort...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

I like the white outline of the state on the pants.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Great! Except for

1) My humble opinion: Eliminate the gold uniforms. Nothing looks worse than gold football uniforms. Georgia Tech's jerseys are horrific, and when the Saints try to wear these, it just plain looks bad.

2) I actually dig the helmets, but gold facemasks just don't work. Make it black.

I think the inclusion of old gold over the green tea goad that is currently used is an improvement. I have always liked the black saints prototypes from '69 but given the "darkening" of the league, the last thing the NFL needs is more black. I would go with an "old gold" helmet shell.

I don't mind the supposedly outdated state logo, however in an effort to make the use of the logo a bit less out of place, I would go with double stripes down the pants which matches the era a bit better.

BroncosSig.jpg

It may be just me, but I like all of the sets....I think I would also reverse the home and alt uniforms...The black helmet is okay, but I prefer the current one better...However, I would put stripes on it as it looks bare without them...Maybe because I'm just so used to seeing the Saints having stripes on their helmets...I also agree with a black facemask...

Overall, I think it's a sharp looking concept, especially the uniforms...

Mike

pwmhshpbanner.gif

pwihshpbanner2.gif

First off, I'm seeing an all-gold helmet, so I guess there were changes. That said, without the center striping, this helmet's missing something. I lover the helmets as they are.

The uniforms aren't bad. I for one like the Louisiana outline, and would find its return timely given what happened with Hurricane Katrina. (Then again, I am not a Saints fan, and I don't have a bad connotation with the logo's past.)

3 suggestions:

1. Metallic-colored jerseys don't work. This gold alt is no exception.

2. Thicken the contrasting outline around the numbers on the home and road jerseys. The 3 colors in the palette are great, and including a little of all 3 allows them to work off of each other that much better. A little more black on the white jersey, and a little more white in the black jersey would look very sharp.

3. Work on the socks. Not only are gold socks a questionable call, they're even worse beneath gold pants. You run the risk of them not matching up the colors right (especially with 2 different fabrics in the mix), but it leads to the wretched "leotard look", where the pants color goes almost down to the calves. Socks can be used to break up the monotony of the pants color.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This concept's heading in the right direction, although the gold helmet is a far cry from what they have now.

Anyway, here's my idea of what the Saints should look like. The uniform is the same as they have now, but I changed the helmet stripes.

saintsunis.jpg

I just couldn't get used to the design up top... no real change to me. Nice try, but I'm definitely diggin' "Alouette's" re-design... Nothing dramatic, but noticeable and very ummmmm 'handsome'? haha... I always loved the Saints all-black unis from a few years ago... some kinda change needs to happen in my opinion... but they should most definitely stay in LA... Louisiana that is.

Archived