Sign at Wake vs. Duke tomorrow

Ben5

I'm going to be attending the Wake Forest/Duke game tomorrow, and I want to hold up a sign in support of my Deacons. I can't think of anything good, so I was wondering if anyone had any good pro-Wake/anti-Duke suggestions. Thanks guys.

I don't know if I can help with pro-WFU, but I'm going to think on this anti-Duke thing. There's a virtual goldmine of stuff, I don't know where to start:

1. Coach K and rats

2. Shelden Williams's face (Admiral Akbar from Star Wars?)

3. J.J. Redick and... take your pick

4. the legacy of failures of Dookies who go to the pros (excluding Elton Brand for now; injuries and/or overestimations of their greatness have gotten 'em all)

5. Duke as the University of New Jersey at Durham (anti-Jersey stuff always played well, and this coming from a proud New Jerseyite who spurned his "state school" in Durham for Blue Heaven)

6. WFU's tobacco money is better than Duke's tobacco money (I'm reaching)

Let you creativity run wild.

Who's broadcasting the game? You could always try and tie in the channel to your sign (CBS/FOX/ESPN/ABC)...

GO DEACS!

GO TO HELL DOOK!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ever see him shoot free throws? His eyes are lower on his face than his nose. If that's not enough to make you do a spit-take, nothing will.

I'm rooting for the Deacs, BB. The LJVC is a great gym for college hoops. Make it loud, bro.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

So, BB5 - what was the final sign? I only caught a few minutes of the game, but I didn't see any crowd shots. I hope it was airtime-worthy, whatever you came up with. Sorry about the outcome; I feel your pain - WFU and the Bengals within hours of each other. (Of course, Villanova and the Giants lost, so we have an unhappy household too.)

2007nleastchamps.png

JJ Redick - the next Christian Latner!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

that doesnt sound too anti duke at all, besides the fact that they are the bluedevils...

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived