Bears Concept

SouthSidePride

Thanks for the comments, first off, it was my first illustrator concept so the GSH is supposed to be all the way around. Laziness got the better of me. Second, I wanted something new and more realistic, yet I can't draw, hence the Montana. Third, the fight song of the Chicago Bears is Bear Down Chicago Bears. Everyone in Chicago loves it and I use something other than the name under the collar as a personal touch, like I put the machine on my Chicago Blue Collars concept because it was the teams original name and it was really BA (sorry for using harsh letters) Just a touch of Pride on them. Thanks again and keep them coming.

As a Bears fan, this just doesn't do it for me. Interesting concept, but I would never want the Bears to wear anything else than what they have.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Second, I wanted something new and more realistic, yet I can't draw, hence the Montana.

How is a cartoon bear more realistic? It's easier to picture that bear doing battle with Bugs Bunny than with the Packers or Vikings.

Although the current bear is a little on the abstract art side, it dipicts a more "real" looking bear.

(Also) as a Bears fan, I like it, especially the away. I think it is a unique and effective way to unify the sleeve stripe pattern, which is the key part of their look. I don't think it is necessary on the orange, though, since the sleeve pattern on the current oranges pretty well mimics the home pattern already. I will admit I prefer the current bear head though. Its not that I am ultra-traditionalist, either; some years back they came out with a somewhat simplified bear head. I actually preferred that, although apparently the masses did not.

LT

Not bad at all.

manning2.gif

BUSCH STADIUM III IS COMING,ARE YOU READY?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (12-4-0) NEXT GAME VS KANSAS CITY

TB LIGHTNING (19-20-2) NEXT GAME @ COLORADO

ATLANTA THRASHERS(24-12-6) NEXT GAME VS PHOENIX

COLTS BACK TO BACK PLAYOFF APPEARANCES 05-06/06-07

(Also) as a Bears fan, I like it, especially the away. I think it is a unique and effective way to unify the sleeve stripe pattern, which is the key part of their look. I don't think it is necessary on the orange, though, since the sleeve pattern on the current oranges pretty well mimics the home pattern already. I will admit I prefer the current bear head though. Its not that I am ultra-traditionalist, either; some years back they came out with a somewhat simplified bear head. I actually preferred that, although apparently the masses did not.

LT

sadly, the home version will probably have to happen at some point. the road, I could take or leave cus the orange numbers aren't doin it for me. I'm wondering, though...why only two stripes on the socks?

I remember that 80s bear head too, I even remember they used it at midfield instead of the C for a couple seasons (IIRC in those same seasons, the endzones had the script "Bears" instead of the old "Chicago" that I wish was still there)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As a lifelong Bears fan, I really like this concept; especially the dark sleeves on the road and alt jerseys and the orange numbers on the roads. Also like the different Bear head; I have never liked any of the Bear head logos the Bears have used. A few suggestions for your consideration:

- Use the actual wordmark "Bears" below the neck instead of the different font type used here. That said, the Bears are desperately in need of a new wordmark to replace the very dated 70's looking wordmark they have used for years.

- Merge the new Bears head and the wishbone C for a new helmet logo

Again, very nice work!

Matt I think the Bear is good just not for the NFL.

I think it would go great on a childs shirt to show their BEARS pride. Really I could be used as a alt. logo for more children organization. It might be a little fierce looking, but it could work for kids I think.

Oh and the socks need three stipes. Not just two.

Archived