Corel Centre changing it's name

friarcanuck

At least it's a better name than Palladium, its original name.

Not by a longshot. The Palladium was a great name (although it came to Latin through Greek, and it related to the goddess Pallas Athena); it tied in with the team's name and logo, and it was ZERO percent corporate. Which is more than can be said about the Corel Scotiabank Yournamehere.com Centre.

Scotiabank Palladium could work. "Scotialladium"? Kinda wordy.

Bonus! Here's the definition (parsed so as not to be tangential):

palladium: A sacred object that was believed to have the power to preserve a city or state possessing it. So for Ottawans, it's a safeguard that protects the city.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I thought Palladium was an amazing name... would've been the best in the NHL if it were still around.

Yes yes yes...bring that Palladium name back. Better than anything they will ever have.

Although I think Palladium is actually on the Chart of Elements...down near the bottom, #46, abbreviated "Pd".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

But if they wanted to keep the Roman theme, why don't they call it the Scotiabank Coliseum?

Hey, that would have been an even better idea if Corel still had the naming rights! Corel Coliseum, that's a catchy name in itself

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

scotiabank3dp.jpg

Freaking eye sore now....

Palladium was the greatest arena name EVER!!! Right up there with the "Shark Tank." I was so depressed when they changed it.

Scotiabank Palace would be 10000x better than Place...Stupid name stupid stupid name.

Scotiabank Coliseum may not work as there is a movie theatre in Ottawa called the Coliseum. lol dont want to have any lawsuits flying around :P

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Archived