Logo recycling

mfoster

This is from the new AISL... the Memphis Mojo...

mojo.jpg

That's the RHI Vancouver Voodoo with the V flares inverted to make an M.

Here's one I mentioned in another thread, the NAHL Capital Centre Pride (defunct, but still going as a midget program)... Top half is the WPHL Arkansas GlacierCats, Pride lettering comes from CBA Connecticut Pride.

pride_3.jpg

Are there any other obvious examples?

Marc

Do you have any idea how many logos and insignias in this state incorporate the Lone Star tricolors? Or how many incorporate the steer head?

I guess we should slam the Texas Longhorns too, since they sell longhorn logo stickers with the colors. For that matter so do A&M and Tech, and probably some others. Here's a mousepad they sell with the same general features:

mp01lng0101.jpg

And you're wrong, the original logo conceptualization for the Fort Worth Texans was snagged from the Red Deer Rebels, then professionally design by some local guy. Funny, I don't seem to recall people complaining here when I previewed the original jersey designs for the team.

Houston's logo is much more abstract, and doesn't use the colors in the same ordered fashion.

Marc

Do you have any idea how many logos and insignias in this state incorporate the Lone Star tricolors? Or how many incorporate the steer head?

I guess we should slam the Texas Longhorns too, since they sell longhorn logo stickers with the colors. For that matter so do A&M and Tech, and probably some others. Here's a mousepad they sell with the same general features:

mp01lng0101.jpg

And you're wrong, the original logo conceptualization for the Fort Worth Texans was snagged from the Red Deer Rebels, then professionally design by some local guy. Funny, I don't seem to recall people complaining here when I previewed the original jersey designs for the team.

Houston's logo is much more abstract, and doesn't use the colors in the same ordered fashion.

Marc

Marc, the only thing that riles me about your use of that logo is that it appears you've abandoned your Oklahoma loyalties. :P

This is from the new AISL... the Memphis Mojo...

mojo.jpg

That's the RHI Vancouver Voodoo with the V flares inverted to make an M.

It was a bad logo then, and it's a bad logo now--in fact, both versions are among the worst ever...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Marc, the only thing that riles me about your use of that logo is that it appears you've abandoned your Oklahoma loyalties. :P

I probably deserve that... but the state colors are a part of distancing myself from that godawful ugly burnt orange. But though my ancestors made both the 89er and Last Run ('93 Cherokee Strip), before that they worked the drives from Georgetown and Belton up the Sedalia and Chisolm Trails.

I need to change my images anyway, as I'm no longer working for the team. They can't afford a play-by-play broadcaster anymore. Just as well, as I'm ready to go back to being a fan. Perhaps I'll scout for OU's developing program... :D

As for cows, here's the logo for the City of Fort Worth.

mollycolorlogos.jpg

The cow's name is Molly... and I think the bickering between the city and that burnt orange school over the similarities pretty much ended when the city told the school to #&%@ off.

Marc

Archived