Spurs unveil new logo

kc51design

Eh, I dunno, I think I prefer the old one. I wish they'd've at least kept the "THFC" part.

I hope the wordmark isn't going on the shirts.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like the overall profile, but the oldskool lacing on the ball seems a li'l forced, IMO. It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate the logo into their kit next season.

On a related note, here's me at White Hart Lane. :D

75766378_8f37d2bfaf_o.jpg

I'm sporting the logo not of Spurs, but of Topo Ranch, but my buddy's outstanding clothing line. Check out the hoodies!

I hope the wordmark isn't going on the shirts.

From the article:

Such is the strength of the new badge, the Club name will not appear on the shirt version, which will be launched in the summer.

That I like. I've been hoping for years that Liverpool would go back to wearing just the liver bird on their shirts.

I've always thought the old crest was kind of bottom heavy. But i still think I prefer it to this one. While it's a nice update, I sort of like the regality that comes with the THFC element of the old crest.

And amare's right, the laces on the ball do seem forced.

I like the retro ball. They claim that there's some historical relevance

The Ball is taken from the original Cockerel and Ball that first sat on the roof of White Hart Lane in 1909, when former player William James Scott cast a copper centrepiece to perch on the new West Stand. Because of the style of the ball, the design is unique to Tottenham Hotspur.

Anybody have any pictures on this one?

Quite a few Engerlish teams are updating their crests, it seems. I like it, but traditionalists probably don't.

This is a nice update for Tottenham; the cockerel appears to have more pride, with his chest puffed out and neck looking up. Hopefully there will be a colored version of this logo. Or am I wrong?

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Quite a few Engerlish teams are updating their crests, it seems. I like it, but traditionalists probably don't.

This is a nice update for Tottenham; the cockerel appears to have more pride, with his chest puffed out and neck looking up. Hopefully there will be a colored version of this logo. Or am I wrong?

Coventry City proposed a new updated crest that was resoundingly vetoed by their fanbase. They went back to the older version.

Funny thing, I thought the newer crest was kinda nice.

So did I.

I heard last year that Spurs would be updating their crest. It was compared to Arsenal's update from a few years ago.

As a Gooner, it pains me to admit this - I think Spurs got the better update. Closer to the spirit of the original.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go wash my hands. :P

As a Hotspur fan I have to say I like the ball and the bird but not the wordmark....thats just so haphazard and fugly.

yeah, to me, the wordmark hindered an otherwise, good update. I would have put Tottenham on the left of the bird and Hotspur on the right, or maybe the wordmark stretch across either above or below the image.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived