bunyans cc

1stDownCreative

I was expecting feet with that name....this works, but Bunyans? Maybe as Lumberjacks.

Cyan, you're confusing Paul Bunyan and bunions.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Good start, although I'm not sure I like how the red of the helmet and the red of the collar just kinda blend into each other without a defined edge to the logo. And some sign of an axe or an ox would make this more obviously Paul Bunyan, not just some burly dude in a knit cap. I'd also get rid of the shine on the cap; it's probably wool, and wouldn't be so reflective. It looks now like he's got the top of a fire hydrant on his head.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The face and ear could use some thicker lines and a little more definfition, along with the beard and eyebrow, which are sending some mixed messages as they are now. And to reiterate what VitaminD said, the thin highlight makes the hat look shiny. Either get rid of it, or add some more substantial white highlights to the hat, face, beard, really the whole front of the logo, as if he's looking into the sunset or something, and the sunlight is catching the front of him. I would also explore the use of an axe as part of this package. The wordmark is lackluster. It's hard to read, sloppy in some places, and the hghlights are too thin and delicate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

yeah, i'm putting this together for someone else in the pfa.

buyans is his team name... gotta use it

the collar is supposed to be an m. i need to make that more apparent.

will be taking the shine away and adding wrinkles to show fabric.

will be working on the wordmark... which is supposed to symbolize an ax.

footer_helmet.gif

I think wrinkles may be trouble, unless you can pull it off with virtuosity. Plus when you're wearing a knit cap, there really aren't visible wrinkles, because the hat fits so snugly to the head.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

the collar is supposed to be an m.

Wow. Brilliant ideas. And I totally missed them the first time I looked at the concept.

Maybe they're too subtle, but those are phenomenal hidden elements you included. An improvement on the FedEx arrow and the Brewers' B&G. Thanks for pointing them out, I might have overlooked them forever!

:jawdrop:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As the owner of said team, I'm starting to enjoy this concept quite a bit, even if it isn't the original 'Motion M and trees' that I had originally pulled out of my ass.

Just out of curiosity, Rocky, what happened to the green? Or the hunter blaze orange? Too gaudy? It IS Minnesota, after all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As the owner of said team, I'm starting to enjoy this concept quite a bit, even if it isn't the original 'Motion M and trees' that I had originally pulled out of my ass.

Just out of curiosity, Rocky, what happened to the green? Or the hunter blaze orange? Too gaudy? It IS Minnesota, after all.

i pulled the red off of your pfa logo on the site and it has to have blue...(OX)

footer_helmet.gif

OK, this is now officially encroaching on the standing PFA rule that Lee's logo has to suck. This will not be acceptable and may get him kicked out of the league.

Rox, you looking to join a league?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

See how much depth you added? The highlights need a little refining, and I don't know about the blue slash on the cheek, but a good update. Nice job on the hat.

Oh, and by the way, you spelled BUNYANS wrong. Also, I liked the B in the original wordmark. I would try to build a wordmark in that style of letter.

everything is great...except the name...bunyuns doesn't sound good. i like lumberjax or lumberjaxx.

* and possibly a good alternate logo would be a blue ox.

Yes, well, it's my team, and BunyAns sounds :censored:ing awesome.

Lumberjaxxxxx sounds like you're trying too hard to be cool, or can't think of anything as sweet as "bunyans."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'll be honest...I'm disappointed you took the little fluffy bally thingy(pompom, if you will) off the hat :D . The adjustments you've made are great. I still think there may be a better way to incorporate the axe into the wordmark though. I like how you have it in the alt. logo, maybe you could do that in the wordmark somewhere. It's looking great. I think some minor tweaking, and you've got one incredible logo....not that it's not impressive now.

There's the wordmark! Now you have a solid idea to work from. Great idea, and good job incorporating the axe. I, too, like the pompom on top of the hat. He kind of looks like a happy burglar now.

yeah, i'm putting this together for someone else in the pfa.

buyans is his team name... gotta use it

the collar is supposed to be an m. i need to make that more apparent.

will be taking the shine away and adding wrinkles to show fabric.

When I first opened it, the first thing I thought was "woah...there's an ax." But unlike other logos, where the longer you look at them, the more apparant the hidden things become, the longer I looked at it, the more I was like "um...so where was that ax I saw in the wordmark?" Great job developing this logo. I don't really like the addition of white highlights to the beard (but I do like them elsewhere) because, instead of conveying the Tall Tale Paul Bunyan Hero look, it seems to be making him look like an ageing, greying, ready for retirement hero. I don't like how the face is a profile, the the collar is almost facing forward. Maybe some more detail in the neck to make it look like he's turning his head rather than wearing his collar too far to the side? I like the newest wordmark, but something about the ax just doesn't fit. Maybe it's the curved elements of the axe thrown on top of the straight, angular lettering. But good job, I like this a lot.

(**)(**)(**)(**)(*.5)

Archived