Kewell dons 50 for Liverpool

officeglenn

Was watching the Manchester United-Liverpool EPL matchup this morning when something unusual happened...

Liverpool midfielder Harry Kewell must have taken an elbow to the face or something, because he had his nostrils plugged with tissue to stop the bleeding. But some blood must have gotten on his shirt, so he had to go to the sidelines to change it.

When he came back he was wearing a jersey with the number 50 (he usually wears 7) and no name. It also looked like it was a size or two too large.

Anyway, just thought that was kind of interesting. Still 0-0 as I type this, so we'll have to wait and see if the change helps. ^_^

EDIT: After halftime, Kewell was back wearing his regulation no. 7 jersey. The equipment manager must have found a laundromat near Old Trafford.

must have been a blood replacement jersey, we use them in the AFL when we use one-off shirts.....

Also, don't bag Harry

The replica's must be a bit different, maybe badges sewn on rather than screen printed, slight differences in the colours, sewn on numbers different collars maybe

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Happened a few years back(few being judgmental term here) when Fleury was still on the Flames, had his nose busted open, and actually sported a fan's jersey of number #74. I guess there's actually a rule about how much blood can be on a jersey before it's considered biohazard.

Also, don't bag Harry

Alphabet Man, I understand why an Aussie would defend him. It's cool.

But I am a supporter of his former club, Leeds, and I hold him partly responsible for the great fall.

For the Roos he's a totally different person.

I thought that real soccer rules only allow numbers between 1 and 23?

no there's no rules on the numbers as long as they're 1-99. It's is just more traditional to have the lower numbers.

Actually, there is one player ? Adolfo Bautista Herrera ? who plays for Chivas in the Mexican league and wears 100 on his jersey.

I am a supporter of his former club, Leeds, and I hold him partly responsible for the great fall.

I, too, am a fan of Leeds. But I don't blame Harry or Rio or Robinson or Smithy. I blame Ridsdale and the rest of the sorry management that ran the club into relegation. They've righted the ship now and it looks like we'll go back up. No sense hating the players whose sale was necessitated by the ineptitude of the former regime.

I am a supporter of his former club, Leeds, and I hold him partly responsible for the great fall.

I, too, am a fan of Leeds. But I don't blame Harry or Rio or Robinson or Smithy. I blame Ridsdale and the rest of the sorry management that ran the club into relegation. They've righted the ship now and it looks like we'll go back up. No sense hating the players whose sale was necessitated by the ineptitude of the former regime.

i wouldnt think Leeds fans would be pissed off with Harry, Dukes left in more controversial tiems at the club when it got relegated, they were both guns at Leeds

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Happened a few years back(few being judgmental term here) when Fleury was still on the Flames, had his nose busted open, and actually sported a fan's jersey of number #74. I guess there's actually a rule about how much blood can be on a jersey before it's considered biohazard.

I remember once Craig Berube's jersey was torn after a fight and, whilst the equipment manager was sewing it back up, he had to don a spare jersey -- for a while, he was No. 67.

Archived