My Anaheim Ducks Concept

AAO

Some really good stuff happening here, especially the exploration of a somewhat less used bird-angle (kinda reminiscent of the 80's Philadelphia Eagle), but some refinement needed at the same time, a lot of them to do with perspective.

The feet seem to be too far apart. The wings are coming out too close to the head (ducks, unlike many other birds, have long necks and wings that come out fairly low down on their bodies... see below).

mallard3_sml.jpg

Lastly, the beak looks really awkward. I'd start over with that part. Maybe the following image will help.

istockphoto_761348_duck_side.jpg

You're really liking the wave in the wordmark idea, hey AAO? That's cool... it works better with waves minus the crests, that's for sure. My only suggestion here would be to perhaps attempt to integrate the "Anaheim" portion of the wordmark more strongly into the fairly cohesive rest.

Keep up the good work, man.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

A. The type screams "cheap freeware!" to me, not because it looks bad, but because I know that it is cheap freeware.

B. The two tone wordmark, while a good compositional device at times, is getting old. You seem to be relying on it to make your wordmarks individual, when in reality it just aids in blending them all together.

C. This wordmark seems too, just there, to me. Like I can tell you just typed it and made the D and S larger.

D. The offset highlighting on the text is getting old, too, and your H in Anaheim is all but closed up as well.

E. I'm not a fan of the huge outline around the shape of the wordmark. Looks clunky to me, and the nips, tucks, cuts and dips that make it follow the shape of the letters are really distracting.

F. I'm thinking a more linear approach might work with the logo. Ducks are very structured. Big head, distinctive beak shape, long neck, big and feathery wings, but your logo has such a flowing, elegant style to it. Flowing and elegant are swan-like characteristics to most people. Ducks are generally more rigid and stocky. Just something to think about.

G. I think it would be very wise to stray from your signature flowing style and do some work with different systems; it'll do wonders for your future.

H. The white doesn't really say, "duck" to me, either. Usually brown with a green head, or brown spotted would do the trick.

I. Again, the double outline looks big, clunky, and constricting on the logo as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love the shade of green you used. It goes very well with the orange.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I love the wordmark you used and the colors. However, I don't know if I'm that crazy about the duck. It looks too much like another bird. Try using the current duck logo and tweaking it up with the colors and what not and you may have something there.

I have to disagree with most and say I like the beak and it's shape...while not 100% representative of an actual ducks bill in comparison to length- ducks beaks are often portrayed with this shape in other illustrations...a shorter and more wide beak with those curves you have. Donald Duck, Daffy Duck, Ducktales, the Anaheim Ducks mask logo. If anything, maybe smooth the edges.

Also, I like the majority of the duck being white...doesn't seem odd to me although brown could be thrown in- it might be interesting to see that brown/orange along with the green and white.

I think a hockey stick could look pretty cool also, not sure if it will take away from the original concept and focus...but I think it would be interesting to see. I think this is a great job and pretty unique considering how unpopular and unused of a mascot a duck is...should be used more imo.

I also just noticed something that might make people think it looks something other than a duck...the way the feet are pointed at the landing area. The way it is portrayed makes me see a hawk or eagle...where as you think of ducks keeping there feet pointed the the rear in flight or when skimming across the water. EXAMPLE:

Shelduck%20in%20flight.jpg

duck.jpg

Archived