Fantasy Baseball Jersey in Production

BallWonk

When I saw a recent post with pictures of a custom fantasy football jersey from fsgear.net, I checked out the website and was duly impressed with what I saw -- except that they only advertise custom football and hockey jerseys. I sent an e-mail to the sales department saying, "If you ever start offering custom baseball jerseys, let me know and I'll order."

Turns out fsgear.net offers custom jerseys; they just haven't put the info on the web. It's $75 per jersey plus shipping, so about $87 for a one-off fantasy baseball shirt. I've got an order in, and I'll update when I have pictures of the finished product (should be in about two weeks, and so far I am very happy with the service and attention to detail). In the meantime, I figured I'd mention that they offer baseball jerseys and share the sample photos fsgear.net sent me when I asked. Two photos of a fantasy baseball jersey and one of a traveling team vest.

Arty1.jpg

Arty2.jpg

ColoradBB.jpg

20082614447.png

Interesting. I thought they had started doing this a while ago - last time I was on their site, they had a section on baseball jerseys. (Maybe it was another company, I can't be too sure...)

Anyway, how much liberty do they give with regards to fonts? I'd like to get one done, but the wordmark was one I made myself for the logo that I put on the jersey concept, and it's not one that any other team uses. Three colors, too (no gradients!).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Interesting. I thought they had started doing this a while ago - last time I was on their site, they had a section on baseball jerseys. (Maybe it was another company, I can't be too sure...)

Anyway, how much liberty do they give with regards to fonts? I'd like to get one done, but the wordmark was one I made myself for the logo that I put on the jersey concept, and it's not one that any other team uses. Three colors, too (no gradients!).

I sent my own original artwork for the chest script and the shoulder patch. I want the player name and number in Houston Astros font, and they asked me to send them the font. I went ahead and made a hi-res graphic file of the name and numbers too, just to be on the safe side. They definitely do not limit you to a few stock fonts or to their own designs. (I also got the sense that they would be happy to design something for you, but I doubt anyone reading this board would need that option.)

My wordmark is three colors (green script with a white outline and a red drop shadow). The patch will either be four colors or five, depending on whether they can give me metallic gold thread. So far, no problems, but I'll post an update if there are any snags as the shirt goes into production.

20082614447.png

• 4 weeks later...

The custom Old Town Rhubarbs fantasy baseball jersey I ordered from fsgear.net arrived last week. Overall I'm blown away. Quality is comparable to an MLB replica jersey, an excellent value for $75 plus shipping.

On a critical note, the jersey script is a tiny bit off from my original art (the R stands alone on the jersey, whereas in my artwork its outline and drop shadow of the R overlap the H), and the back name and number are about 2 inches too low. As the photos show, the back lettering is low to make room for the jersey-maker's sewn-in tag. I'd much rather see that tag sewn higher, along the collar seam, or on the bottom front of the jersey like a big-league jersey.

That said, this is a terrific jersey. I'm a completely satisfied customer, and I wholeheartedly recommend fsgear.net for custom baseball jerseys. I give the finished product an A-minus.

Photos to follow.

20082614447.png

Here are some photos I took showing the jersey (along with the custom cap I made a couple of seasons ago) and the details of the embroidery:

customshirt-2.jpg

customshirt-3.jpg

Here you can see how the name and number are about 2 inches lower than would be ideal, though the bottom of the number is still above the beltline if the shirt were tucked in.

customshirt-4.jpg

In this photo, the U and the B seem to jam together along the placket, but it only looks like that on the hanger. When I wear the jersey, the U goes into the B perfectly, with the outline and drop shadow of each letter perfectly aligned. And I love how the underline ends exactly on the placket, just like I intended in my design.

customshirt-5.jpg

customshirt-6.jpg

The patch is remarkably good. The banner script is hard to read mainly because it's in Gaelic; the individual letters are clear enough.

20082614447.png

Phenomenal stuff, beginning to end.

Makes me wonder when I get around to (re)designing a look for my team. After we moved, I have to move the fantasy team with me out of Blackwood; and after cutting Derek Lowe, the name "Napalm Bullpen" has lost some steam... :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow...that looks great! It was a great color scheme on the screen, but on the jersey it's freaking awesome. The patch came out very well also. Nice set overall. I think you are about to make that company a bunch of money...lol.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived