Super Bowl Critique - Canadian Edition!

Neon_Matrix

I just read this and almost pissed myself laughing at parts of it. He was able to sum up alot of moments throughout the broadcast...but with a Canadian POV, so you Yanks can see all the crap we have to put up with watching it up here. I find it funny, and I'm sure most of you will too. Enjoy!

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/jay_onrait.asp

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Drunken Check Mark mocks us in one of their ads for Entertainment Tonight Canada with a voice over that says:  "Don't miss all the U.S ads you won't see during the Super Bowl Game" Yeah, NO KIDDING CHECK MARK!  THANKS TO YOU!  Thanks for rubbing it in our faces!

It's funny cause it's true. :lol:

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

Alright but I get the feeling he's trying to be the Canadian version of Bill Simmons. I mean the Sports Guy keeps blogs like this for most of the major sporting events.

I agree, this guy was very Simmons-like, but still pretty funny.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The way Global pre-empts the American commercials really bugged me.

That's why I was at a friends' house, watching the game in High-Def with an American feed.

"Yeah, well my cell phone's a crime deterrent!"

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The way Global pre-empts the American commercials really bugged me.

That's why I was at a friends' house, watching the game in High-Def with an American feed.

"Yeah, well my cell phone's a crime deterrent!"

Sy, you bastard! One of the things I miss about my antena back home is I don't get them anymore...and thats pretty much the only reason I watch each year

Well I have found a new hatred for beavers after watching the Super Bowl.

and norm macdonald

How can you hate Norm McDonald? Just because hes a massive Habs fan and it was probably his idea to have the drunk dude in Duce Biggalo 2 in a Leafs Jersey... hes a funny guy... usually...

BTW, if you wanna hate someone, hate that 1 note "comedian" Matthew "I'm such a Sens fan I wore their shirt in "The Whole 9 Yards"" Perry!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I love how I've never lost the American commercials at all, even on basic cable, although I would have to tune into the channel carrying the game and not Global Television. And then I joined this board and hear of all the Canadians not being able to see them. And I'm like "Huh?" None of my friends and family never had this problem either. In fact, one year in school, we actually spent an afternoon class watching and analyzing ads from the previous night's Super Bowl that my teacher taped.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived