More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheeky buggers aren't they?

They do bugger all to help me draw the logo in the first place, then when it comes time for it to be useful, they just take it from my website, errors and all, and use it like it's theirs all along.

Ask them for a freebie for "reference purposes". It's only fair...

Will the Saints be using those god awful numbers against Port in boycott......uh I mean Heritage round :rolleyes:

They are, and Port were going to be allowed to wear the prison bar, but then the AFL noticed they were playing StKilda, and the two jumpers would clash.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Will the Saints be using those god awful numbers against Port in boycott......uh I mean Heritage round  :rolleyes:

They are, and Port were going to be allowed to wear the prison bar, but then the AFL noticed they were playing StKilda, and the two jumpers would clash.

so that was a AFL direction for them not to wear prison bars, St Kilda wouldn't have bitch fight over htere prison bar jumpers, but IIRC, they wore the prison bars v Carlton a few years back, im pretty sure that is a bit of a clash, maybe Port can wear SANFL socks for a week

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Will the Saints be using those god awful numbers against Port in boycott......uh I mean Heritage round  :rolleyes:

Yet the AFL allow the umpires to wear white...... :rolleyes:

im waiting to see how many collission with umpires this week when they actually wear white, wasn't any last night and doubt there'll be any, Kosi aint playing lol...

THe Kangaroos didnt seem to have a different jumper, only maybe a litle wider stripes, the shorts were plain royal.

Im going to Essendon-Carlton this arvo, the Dons are wearing Red shorts, like to see that.

im waiting to see how many collission with umpires this week when they actually wear white, wasn't any last night and doubt there'll be any, Kosi aint playing lol...

THe Kangaroos didnt seem to have a different jumper, only maybe a litle wider stripes, the shorts were plain royal.

Im going to Essendon-Carlton this arvo, the Dons are wearing Red shorts, like to see that.

... yeah, Essendon in the red shorts. I can't wait to see the pictures from that game :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Saints have just run out wearing normal numbers. How disappointing :D

we have won more games in that jumper this year than all of the 80's

im not sure about the collars, they are pretty shocking a bit

maybe essendon has found a way around changing jumpers, they could wear red shorts, eliminate the clash that way, i was at that game, they stood out a fair bit.

I like the "ear adjustment" you made to the Bears logo for the heritage version... are you going to update the original versions?

(according to http://shop.afl.com.au/lions/product.asp?c...+Bears+Guernsey, the Bears jumper will have the BBFFC on the back...)

Soon.

I'm thinking of ditching the whole border thing all together.

So I'd re-do it then.

Cheeky buggers aren't they?

They do bugger all to help me draw the logo in the first place, then when it comes time for it to be useful, they just take it from my website, errors and all, and use it like it's theirs all along.

I must humbly and unreservedly apologise to the good people at Russell Athletic.

They have informed the Brisbane Lions, who then contacted me, that they did all the artwork for the Brisbane Heritage jumper as posted above.

the fact that it looks EXACTLY the same as the template I (and Primal) drew, and contains the slight errors that I (and Primal) made, apparently means nothing.

No, this was all their work.

Apparently those errors are easy to make Rod, seems even Russell Athletic made them when THEY produced a jumper.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I must humbly and unreservedly apologise to the good people at Russell Athletic.

They have informed the Brisbane Lions, who then contacted me, that they did all the artwork for the Brisbane Heritage jumper as posted above.

the fact that it looks EXACTLY the same as the template I (and Primal) drew, and contains the slight errors that I (and Primal) made, apparently means nothing.

Apparently those errors are easy to make Rod, seems even Russell Athletic made them when THEY produced a jumper.

Fine, can we have the same amount of money that Brisbane hands these useless bastards every year in return for their skills in web pilfering??? That'd be a fair deal...

(...and if I were Brisbane, I think I'd be rather pissed off that this was our valued strategic partner's idea of quality service.)

Fine, can we have the same amount of money that Brisbane hands these useless bastards every year in return for their skills in web pilfering??? That'd be a fair deal...

(...and if I were Brisbane, I think I'd be rather pissed off that this was our valued strategic partner's idea of quality service.)

When I called their Marketing Manager he was pleasant on the phone to me, but I got the impression he wasn't thrilled with them.

Their effort was to Photoshop a couple of sponsor logos onto the jumper and extend the stripe under the number. They may have also changed the back of the collar.

In the process they left it the wrong colour and didn't put the right number font on them.

I wonder what they got paid for that.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Channel 10 sport tonight announced Port will be releasing a new clash strip next year that will be predominantly silver adding more to the speculations that Reebok will be the new jumper sponsor for Port Adelaide next year.

I like the silver clash concept, better than that awful teal thing, but Nike have been good to Port over the years.

Channel 10 sport tonight announced Port will be releasing a new clash strip next year that will be predominantly silver adding more to the speculations that Reebok will be the new jumper sponsor for Port Adelaide next year.

I like the silver clash concept, better than that awful teal thing, but Nike have been good to Port over the years.

Why does Silver automatically equate to Reebok?

And Nike produced that Clash jumper, so how have they been good to them?

Silver? With White shorts? Sounds horrible

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Sorry I didn?t word it properly. There is some speculation that the change in jumper is that so when Reebok sponsor Port next year (very strong rumors of this) it will encourage people to buy the new jumper which will be Reebok apparel.

Plus anything is better than that teal thing. Guess its going to depend on the design, hopefully its something more traditonal.

Sorry I didn?t word it properly. There is some speculation that the change in jumper is that so when Reebok sponsor Port next year (very strong rumors of this) it will encourage people to buy the new jumper which will be Reebok apparel.

Plus anything is better than that teal thing. Guess its going to depend on the design, hopefully its something more traditonal.

I think you'll find the agreement to wear it was for three years.

And this season is the last of those 3.

So even if Nike was still doing onfield apparel, they'd be bringing out a new one as well.

Something in a prison bar look would be good.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived