More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This was the original trio of ideas...

ExistingGuernsey.jpgHomeNoPipe.jpgHomeWithPipe.jpg

(Apparently they've changed tack on using this as an away strip. Pity.)

As you can see, the idea they've dropped is the one with matching cuffs... meaning that it was really 70.1% for the logo on the chest, and 29.9% for the current design.

So would they go with the most popular, even though a majority of voters did not vote for it?

I'd heard they've already decided to go for them.

And I've already drawn up the pic for the website.

Thanks for telling me ;)

If you read that page on the club's site, it does seem biased towards the change... which I'm all for.

what happened to the other 20.9 percent?  they couldn't decide? :blink:

Perhaps they were Freo supporters? :D

or they could be like my West Coast girl i know, she couldnt tell the difference

heh, she must not be the brightest bulb in the scoreboard then, you can tell the difference a mile away-ugly, gradiated, disjointed attempt at an eagle facing west vs the logo's eagle head facing east.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

or they could be like my West Coast girl i know, she couldnt tell the difference

heh, she must not be the brightest bulb in the scoreboard then, you can tell the difference a mile away-ugly, gradiated, disjointed attempt at an eagle facing west vs the logo's eagle head facing east.

Oh but there's more.

When they first released that Eagle, they said the outline was the same as the State of Western Australia. (I kid you not, I still have the press release at home)

western-australia.jpg

And Primal. I thought you knew they were changing. You were the one who tipped me off to it, and I then contacted the club for confirmation.

Helps that my cousin is dating a girl who works in their Melbourne office.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

And Primal. I thought you knew they were changing. You were the one who tipped me off to it, and I then contacted the club for confirmation.

Helps that my cousin is dating a girl who works in their Melbourne office.

There is a world of difference between loose talk/tenuous speculation and being able to say " I know..." ;)

well, she definately aint the 'brightest bulb' lol

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

New guernsey released

12:48:55 PM Tue 4 July, 2006

afc.com.au

278330af.jpg

The Adelaide Football Club has released its 2006 Heritage Guernsey to be worn for the Heritage Round of the Toyota AFL Premiership Season against the Kangaroos on July 21.

As has been the case for the past three years, the club has proudly tried to depict its SANFL heritage.

This year?s guernsey has incorporated the colours of the 10 SANFL clubs of 1990 ? when the Crows were formed ? and these colours meld into the club?s heritage shield with the Latin wording ?Natus-ad-magna-gerenda? (translation, Born to Great Things).

On the other side of the shield are the current navy blue, red and gold hoops that make up the home guernsey the club has worn since its first season in 1991.

The SANFL logo will again be displayed on the back of the guernsey, with player names and debut numbers on the right of the front.

Adelaide chief executive officer Steven Trigg said: ?The club will continue to do its best to recognise all 10 SANFL clubs who provided our club with its players, coaches, officials, administration staff and, most importantly, its members and supporters, when the club first started.

?Without the collective input from all the SANFL clubs and the league our club would not exist. It is a great opportunity to once again recognize our club?s heritage and pay tribute to the SANFL and its clubs who were instrumental in establishing our club.?

Orders for the guernsey, restricted to 200, can be placed at CROWmania from today.

The club has a host of activities planned for Heritage Week leading up to the Kangaroos game at AAMI Stadium. There will also be some celebratory memorabilia designed to mark captain Mark Ricciuto?s 300th game, that barring any mishaps is due to be played on the same night.

Not happy but I think it looks awful.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...5E20322,00.html

Geelong's new claws go on show

Scott Gullan

04jul06

0,1658,5179754,00.jpg

Geelong has been told by the AFL they only need a clash jumper for away games against the Kangaroos.

Three designs have been circulated by the club to gain opinion. The board will make the final decision later in the month.

The modern cat's claw scratch marks design which moves away from the regulation white hoops has received most support from the younger generation.

While the predominantly navy blue design with one white hoop is favoured by traditionalists.

Geelong chief executive Brian Cook said feedback on the designs had been mixed.

``While we might only wear it twice in three years because it is only required against the Kangaroos it has been a worthwhile exercise,'' he said.

``We've been to primary schools, to the staff and players, had a website poll and in the Geelong Advertiser,'' Cook said.

``We have got a fair idea but it will come down to whether we go with what the younger people feel or what the older people prefer.

``The claws has certainly appealed to the younger generation.''

Just found the new Geelong clash. It seems its one disaster after another at the moment. Hopefully we see some better clash/heritage jumpers to come :shocked:

you know, that actually reminds me a little of a Geelong concept I did sometime last year. just a little though.

Adelaide...what the hell is that? this is worse than I thought it'd be :puke:

2016cubscreamsig.png

Adelaide...what the hell is that? this is worse than I thought it'd be :puke:

Actually, it was better than I imagined. I thought the strips would cover the entire guernsey :blink:

still hideous nonethelss

btw, what's the order of the teams in those stripes? (from top to bottom)

I saw, I came, I left.

heh, it just looks like they had two ideas and couldn't decide. the rainbow would have been better, oddly enough. It'd still be crap, but that would have looked like they actually put some thought into it. <_<

ah yes, the colors. here I go, thanks to Full Points Footy:

blue, red and white: Central District

gold and black: Glenelg

red and white: North Adelaide

navy and red: Norwood

black and white: Port Adelaide (yes, Port)

navy and white: South Adelaide

carolina and navy: Sturt

red and black: West Adelaide

blue and gold West Torrens

green and gold: Woodville

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived