More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

We are getting the impression the AFL will just accept the Clash jumpers as is and not worry too much about it.

It is a sad reflection upon the state of the AFL's administration that I really can see that happening.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are getting the impression the AFL will just accept the Clash jumpers as is and not worry too much about it.

It is a sad reflection upon the state of the AFL's administration that I really can see that happening.

They do what they feel is popular at that time.

Fact remains there are some people who are psycho about keeping them the same, and the people who think every club should have one are nowhere near as militant.

So on the face of it, the AFL is creating less of a crap storm by going with the status quo.

If was really unpopular, and people were ringing radio stations asking for change, then there'd be an issue.

As it is, it only comes up once or twice a year, and then goes away.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Here's a bigger shot of the Essendon clash jumper:

Essendon-2007.gif

And apparently, the Demons aren't happy about it.

Slightly OT, do you guys know where I could get a Carlton jumper from last season? Mine is wearing out, and I vastly prefer the old crest.

complete with blue collars

nah umm carlton jumpers - i didnt think they changed

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

New v old

619853ao.jpgcarltonold.gif

Aside from dropping all the extra livery, the serifs on each letter have been rounded off and the point at the back of the Cs has been removed.

Not a change for the better, IMO, but the way Carlton is going this is the least of their worries.

have teams decided on there heritage round jumpers yet (the round being on the weekend of July 21-23) so a little bit of a month away.

Mostly they're using 80's jumpers, except for Port Adelaide, who are wearing their normal Clash jumper.

I haven't heard what Adelaide or Brisbane are wearing, but the original 12 are wearing jumpers they wore in the 1980's.

Carlton - old logo.

Collingwood- White with Black stripes and American style numbers

Essendon - Same, with Red Shorts.

Footscray (Bulldogs) Take Bulldog off current jumper and it looks pretty much the same

Geelong - Same as usual. No GFC logo.

Hawthorn - Gold back and Gold socks

Melbourne - Royal Blue

North - Same as usual, slightly wider stripes

StKilda - Same, but with 1980's numbers

Sydney - 1987 first Sydney jumper

West Coast - 1987 jumper

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

IIRC Adelaide's going to wear some multicolored garbage. basically, they're trying to include every 80s SANFL team's colors...on one jumper. have a paper bag ready.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the heritage round jumpers should be from teams past (nothing within the last 20 years since that is very new). i think Port should be able to wear the old port magpies jumper since (or the 1880's jumper).

so long and thanks for all the fish.

the heritage round jumpers should be from teams past (nothing within the last 20 years since that is very new). i think Port should be able to wear the old port magpies jumper since (or the 1880's jumper).

Except Port are playing StKilda and their jumpers look too similar to the old Port one.

As for Adelaide wearing something from each of the 9 SANFL jumpers, yes indeed, pass the barf bag.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

There are some good ways that the 9 designs could be added onto a jumper, but they would have to be small versions of each design...for example, take Adelaide's current home jumper and replace the middle navy stripe with a string of SANFL jumper designs.

But I doubt this will happen :P

me too...i'm picturing hoops like they usually have, only with these colors:

black (Port, Glenelg, West Adelaide)

white (Port, South Adelaide)

red (West Adelaide, North Adelaide, Norwood, Central District)

gold (Woodville, Glenelg, West Torrens)

royal blue (Central District, West Torrens)

green (Woodville)

light blue (Sturt)

navy blue (Sturt, Norwood, South Adelaide)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

New v old

619853ao.jpgcarltonold.gif

Aside from dropping all the extra livery, the serifs on each letter have been rounded off and the point at the back of the Cs has been removed.

Not a change for the better, IMO, but the way Carlton is going this is the least of their worries.

Yep, that's the one.

The old guernsey logo was just the letters, but I like the old letters better.

what will Fremantle be wearing?

Probably what they've worn every Heritage game.

White with three Red Vees.

It's based on this jumper, which is obviously different from what Freo wear in Heritage Round each season.

HHodgeWASniders.JPG

It's the jumper of the original Fremantle-Unions FC, who played from 1882 to 1898.

(They were called Unions until 1889, then adopted Fremantle from 1890)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived