More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm guessing Richmond will wear there normal jumpers but with a Gold Sash instead of a yellow one like they had in the 80's. Collingwood should wear a clash jumper, Eddie Maguire is a moron and needs to let Port wear the Prison Bars.

They'll wear pretty much what they wore last season.

Printed laces up the front of a normal Richmond jumper.

The 1980's are hardly Heritage. I think they're kidding themselves with this one.

As for Port, they're going to wear their Teal Clash jumper against StKilda, whose only change from they normally wear is the number font.

Essendon will be wearing Red shorts, woo hoo.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent... option D is so ugly they'll have no choice but the reject it and drag the whole process out until at least next season!

liverpool-1.png

I'd go with C if I had a vote, but I don't...A and B look too damn soccerish, to be honest. heck, C looks like what mero proposed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'd go with C if I had a vote, but I don't...A and B look too damn soccerish, to be honest. heck, C looks like what mero proposed.

It is what I proposed, and back when I did so, they rejected it.

That's OK, so long as the Guinness Record for wearing the same design stays intact, I'm happy.

Well, actually they will never wear these jumpers any way.

They are in the process of approaching the clubs they supposedly clash with to offer them incentives to wear their own Away jumpers when playing us.

Essendon will continue wearing the same jumper as always.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

really, there hasn't been a clash for 100 years, so why now? no one should wear clash jumpers unless they want to....i like ours though, it aint radical like Adelaide and Brisbane, KAngaroos and Melbourne, ours is simple and works well....is Sydney and Hawthorn making an alt even though they don't clash

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

really, there hasn't been a clash for 100 years, so why now? no one should wear clash jumpers unless they want to....i like ours though, it aint radical like Adelaide and Brisbane, KAngaroos and Melbourne, ours is simple and works well....is Sydney and Hawthorn making an alt even though they don't clash

Every team. Even clubs that will never wear it.

One light, one dark.

Makes you wonder what Geelong's looks like, given they're Navy & White hoops.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

ah, Geelong...I can think of only two routes for em to go...

A: completely different color, which I can't see happening-shoot, what color would it be anyway? lime green?

or

B: the Kangas' route of two solid color alts, one navy and one white. at the very least, it'd make a shred of sense.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A: completely different color, which I can't see happening-shoot, what color would it be anyway? lime green?

or

B: the Kangas' route of two solid color alts, one navy and one white. at the very least, it'd make a shred of sense.

If (When?) the AFL allows Collingwood to just reverse its stripes, Geelong should probably push for the same thing - as long as they agree to wear white shorts at home when needed.

A: completely different color, which I can't see happening-shoot, what color would it be anyway?  lime green?

or

B: the Kangas' route of two solid color alts, one navy and one white.  at the very least, it'd make a shred of sense.

If (When?) the AFL allows Collingwood to just reverse its stripes, Geelong should probably push for the same thing - as long as they agree to wear white shorts at home when needed.

We are getting the impression the AFL will just accept the Clash jumpers as is and not worry too much about it.

Then they'll have another go in a year or so.

One day each club will be expected to wear a Dark Home jumper and Light Away jumper.

Teams with White in their uniform will wear White shorts at Home next year, unless the team they're playing also wears White.

So Essendon playing StKilda will see StKilda wear White shorts in both games.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived