Seahawks home uniforms

seahawk9

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm totally on board with their uni's. I thought they looked great in the SB, and even the neon trim has grown on me. I loved those gloves. I also love how the neon is worked into the neck trim. I never noticed that until the SB.

Now if they'd only use the blue pants with the white jerseys. That'd be sweet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the Seahawks' monochromes, as well. I usually am not a fan of monochromes (witness the Ravens' and Jags' all-black leotards and the Rams' all-blue debacle), but the unique color and the fact that they're not too bright and striking makes them a winner in my book.

I generally like the monohrome look but my problem with the seahawks is two fold...I dont like the lime green trim..looks so out of place..and secondly

just exactly what color IS THAT! Its not blue, its not green its not teal...bothers me

Does anyone know if the Seahawks tweaked the shade of "Seahawks Blue" or "Pacific Blue" AFTER they changed colors in 2002 ? I have an AUTHENTIC

jersey in bought from the NFL Shop in 2003 hanging in my computer room and it is a nice shade of LIGHT blue-grey but on TV and in photos, in magazines and at the Super Bowl the shade of blue looks darker. I know they tweaked the replicias around that time.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm totally on board with their uni's. I thought they looked great in the SB, and even the neon trim has grown on me. I loved those gloves. I also love how the neon is worked into the neck trim. I never noticed that until the SB.

For some reason, i concur, as the blue on white never struck me as correct. It dosen't flow or somthing, but it looks contrasting.

For some reason, i concur, as the blue on white never struck me as correct. It dosen't flow or somthing, but it looks contrasting.

I like the white jersey and blue pants, but not the blue jersey and white pants as much

"For some reason, i concur, as the blue on white never struck me as correct. It dosen't flow or somthing, but it looks contrasting."

The only reason it doesn't seem correct is you've never seen them wear that combo in any consistancy. They have only worn that combo of 5 times in four years including preseason. I'll bet if they had started wearing the concept of the blue jerseys with with pants as originally designed , people would like it more. That combo reminds me of the Eagles with dark helmets, dark jerseys and white pants except their green. Very sleek and classy.................................

I guess the best way I can say it is, I'm getting used to them. Don't confuse that for liking them. The present color scheme is a major step backward from the silver/royal/green that they had; the colors are drab and uninspiring (as was said earlier... well said, dutyfree); the lime green is gimmicky and incredibly overhyped for a color that's almost nonexistent on the uniforms; I don't like the monochrome look in general; the plain Varsity Block numbering and lettering look awkward when used with such a modern color palette; the old sleeve striping was unique and stylish.

I felt the same way when the Broncos changed to what they wear now. Still don't like them, but it's gotten to the point that I can accept them.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I agree that there's something about the Seahawks look that lends itself to monochrome. I don't think that the blue on white is good looking, and because of the navy and plain white pants they look kind of like a pop warner team. They should stay with the monochrome, because they're one of the only teams it works on.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I guess my biggest beef, the more I think about it, is that with the all blue, the white numerals feel out of place and the navy blue sleeves feel out of place. There's something to be said, IMO, about having color balance from head to toe. It's one thing most good classic uniforms have aways done well.

I think you can still do a monotone look and acheive that, too. Look at the Chargers' all navy set. Neither the white nor the yellow look out of place because they're used consistantly top to bottom.

Archived