Excellent site for older style New Era Caps

griffelh

There are a few caps that I have been looking for for quite a while that I stumbled on last night at www.lilmoxie.com

They have mainly smaller sizes but a decent selection of caps in 7 1/4 and 7 3/8. If there is a hard to find cap you are looking for, check them out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm thinking about ordering that Pirates cap with the red accents, but I'm not sure. I've never had a 59/50 hat, and I know they're really tall...I usually wear Franchises, and I don't want to buy a hat that I won't end up wearing.

I'm with you on this, I usually prefer the low-profile hats (nike makes good low profile nhl ones) but I bought a 59/50 graphite Jays hat last spring, I ripped out the mesh, and I love it. I later bought the retro style jays one and kept the mesh in and I still love it, even though it feels a tad tight... I still prefer the low profiles, but I like the new eras now, just took me awhile to adjust to them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm thinking about ordering that Pirates cap with the red accents, but I'm not sure. I've never had a 59/50 hat, and I know they're really tall...I usually wear Franchises, and I don't want to buy a hat that I won't end up wearing.

I wish Sports Specialties still made the caps. Vastly superior to 5950. Lower profile and better-shapped bill--the one on New Era is too round.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Can you verify this stuff is all authentic and not knockoffs?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'm with you on this, I usually prefer the low-profile hats (nike makes good low profile nhl ones) but I bought a 59/50 graphite Jays hat last spring, I ripped out the mesh, and I love it. I later bought the retro style jays one and kept the mesh in and I still love it, even though it feels a tad tight... I still prefer the low profiles, but I like the new eras now, just took me awhile to adjust to them.

You may have just given me a new idea B) I've never thought about ripping out the mesh - did you use knife/scissors, and was it hard to do?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

After browsing through the lilmoxie products, the Reds hat caught my eye. You know why? Because all of a sudden I realized I bought that same hat from this guy on EBay. I thought it was authentic, so I got two of them, and they were both fake. Take a look at the picture of their hat here:

(DELETED FOR BANDWIDTH PURPOSES)

Now look at the picture of the Reds players from that season in these photos:

071397deion_341x500.jpg

sandersd.jpg

2882.jpg

070398team_550x540.jpg

092097mckeonmenke_450x372.jpg

You?ll notice that the lilmoxie hat has red eyelets on the cap, but the ones that the players are wearing are all white. There should not be red on those eyelets, and the fake one I got also had red eyelets. The visor part will stay flat no matter what as well. The hats I got from this guy?the visors were made of something different and no matter how much you try to curve them, they?ll stay perfectly flat. Anyways, that?s my gripe.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

After browsing through the lilmoxie products, the Reds hat caught my eye. You know why? Because all of a sudden I realized I bought that same hat from this guy on EBay. I thought it was authentic, so I got two of them, and they were both fake. Take a look at the picture of their hat here:

last%20of%20hats%20038.jpg

Now look at the picture of the Reds players from that season in these photos:

071397deion_341x500.jpg

sandersd.jpg

2882.jpg

070398team_550x540.jpg

092097mckeonmenke_450x372.jpg

You?ll notice that the lilmoxie hat has red eyelets on the cap, but the ones that the players are wearing are all white. There should not be red on those eyelets, and the fake one I got also had red eyelets. The visor part will stay flat no matter what as well. The hats I got from this guy?the visors were made of something different and no matter how much you try to curve them, they?ll stay perfectly flat. Anyways, that?s my gripe.

I picked up one of those hats a couple of years ago on clearance from a legit store. It also had the red eyelets. Maybe the version they sold was different from the on field version, and they just never caught it. I dont know.

BTW, those Reds jerseys are beautiful. Why in the world would they replace them with their current crap? Hopefully very soon the Reds and Mets follow the Royals by booting the black from their ensemble.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

BgMack, those are New Era quality control issues. They vary from batch to batch. I have my share with stiff visors as well and NE not uncommonly messes up the colors around the eyelts. Also, remember Cincy wore these caps for several years, it is possible that one season they had red eyelts. No one will or can "fake" a New Era cap, and to accuse someone of that when NE has known issues is not very nice.

BgMack, those are New Era quality control issues. They vary from batch to batch. I have my share with stiff visors as well and NE not uncommonly messes up the colors around the eyelts. Also, remember Cincy wore these caps for several years, it is possible that one season they had red eyelts. No one will or can "fake" a New Era cap, and to accuse someone of that when NE has known issues is not very nice.

Then by all means please buy from him. Once you get what you ordered, report back to us if the stuff is genuine. I'd rather not be the guinea pig.

spacer.png

You may have just given me a new idea B) I've never thought about ripping out the mesh - did you use knife/scissors, and was it hard to do?

Not as hard as you think.

Instead of a knife and/or scissors, I've had great success with small tweezers.

The mesh is interwoven layers of black vertical wire threads which give the cap its shape, and white horizontal cloth threads that keep them in place.

Start by spreading the white threads to expose the black ones. Get the point of a tweezers around the black threads and start pulling (you can use your teeth and pull them out once the tweezers get the thread loose). Don't forget to go after the little black threads that are underneath the black seams running between cap panels (they run all the way behind the sweatband, it's a pain in the ass).

You can leave the white threads in or rip them out by hand. I've done most of my caps this way and they look much better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I received my 4 caps today and all are perfect. As I know, there are sizing issues with New Era, but all 4 caps fit and are as advertized. I have no problem recommending him. I ordered Thursday night, he shipped Saturday and I received them today.

You may have just given me a new idea  B) I've never thought about ripping out the mesh - did you use knife/scissors, and was it hard to do?

Not as hard as you think.

Instead of a knife and/or scissors, I've had great success with small tweezers.

The mesh is interwoven layers of black vertical wire threads which give the cap its shape, and white horizontal cloth threads that keep them in place.

Start by spreading the white threads to expose the black ones. Get the point of a tweezers around the black threads and start pulling (you can use your teeth and pull them out once the tweezers get the thread loose). Don't forget to go after the little black threads that are underneath the black seams running between cap panels (they run all the way behind the sweatband, it's a pain in the ass).

You can leave the white threads in or rip them out by hand. I've done most of my caps this way and they look much better.

Thank you, good sir! B) I'll have to give it a try.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived