New L.A. Galaxy kits in action

zjac7

I actually prefer the Nike itterations from last year. I don't like how the sash ends for no rhyme or reason on these.

And here I thought I was imagining that it seems to end awfully low on the shoulder.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I actually prefer the Nike itterations from last year. I don't like how the sash ends for no rhyme or reason on these.

My thoughts exactly. The sash's abrupt end is what makes these seem odd. I like the shorts, though.

Agreed.

BTW, am I the only one that has ever thought the Galaxy's wordmark and/or logo should better emphasize the fact that the abbreviation "LA" is in the middle (i.e., something like this)?

GALAXY

As it is, the wordmark gets gradually taller in the middle, but the letters are all the same color. I think you could come up with something sharp if you approximated the shape of the Milky Way or similar galaxies (with the middle significantly taller than the edges) and changed the color of the "LA". Maybe someone with actual artistic talent can take a shot at it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

My thoughts exactly. The sash's abrupt end is what makes these seem odd. I like the shorts, though.

Agreed.

BTW, am I the only one that has ever thought the Galaxy's wordmark and/or logo should better emphasize the fact that the abbreviation "LA" is in the middle (i.e., something like this)?

GA<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>LAXY</span>

As it is, the wordmark gets gradually taller in the middle, but the letters are all the same color. I think you could come up with something sharp if you approximated the shape of the Milky Way or similar galaxies (with the middle significantly taller than the edges) and changed the color of the "LA". Maybe someone with actual artistic talent can take a shot at it.

I think they have a pretty good solution right now... they do an old Blue Jays style inline treatment to those two letters, highlighting them, but not screwing up the way it reads.

The reason the sash so inadvertently cuts off is that the sleeve cut is lower than it would be on any other template adidas has. This is the cut that Argentina and Spain used for their home shirts. Those who remember Gordies templates, the cut starts below the neckline as opposed to across the shoulders. They should have used the United template and simply not colored the striping on the sides of the jersey. Of course the Galaxy shirts are propbably what River Plate will be wearing next season. I'm sure that will tick off half the town.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived