Vikings Expected to Cut Culpepper

BCBoy

i know that you have a source but i really have a hard time beleiving this because of the source......the Miami Hearald is a good paper but i cant find anything on the Star Tribune site which is my source for vikings news because of the fact that it is the "official" vikings paper....so ill believe it when it becomes official

It'd strange for me to see Culpepper in a jersey other than the Vikes. But if Culpepper does go, Brad Johnson wouldn't be too bad, I guess. We'll just have to see.

eventually the age facrtor will set in and management will realize that Brad Johnson is OLD. It will be a nice situation for a year, but I say go all out and draft a QB on draft day

Let's not forget that the love boat thing is still going on, and that he has a completely blown out knee, and that he was having a bad season before that. That is alot of cards going against him, I would be suprised if anyone besides Oakland, which is apparently the new york knicks of the NFL, passed up Brees for him.

It kind of seems like the Vikings are in a rebuilding mode these days, and it's hard to argue that the Vikings weren't more successful(at least last year) with a QB that wasn't so long ball oriented. Culpepper is an amazing player, no doubt about it, but with the talent Minnesota is working with, maybe he's just not the right fit. Brad Johnson is obviously not the answer, but he may be the best for the franchise. He could serve as a starter for one year and then step aside and let a younger QB take over. They did it in Cincy and look at what Carson Palmer developed into.

They gave Warner 3 years??? No woner they never are good?

Give Warner a decent line (not sure if they have that) and good recievers (they have that) and he can still be dangerous.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived