Indianapolis Colts Concept

Cujo

I just wanted to mix in a little more gray (not silver) into the retro look the Colts are going with and this is pretty much what I came up with. I added a gray alternate for the hell of it, but if it were up to me I probably would let it out of the set.

C&C, people. Thanks. :)

proj_ind2.png

6uXNWAo.png

Looks a little too Cowboys to me. If you used the normal block number font, it'd make the Dallas look significantly less. Otherwise pretty decent, I'd think about losing the silver pants though.

I think the blue pants might look pretty cool with the white away, but not with the gray. Try and put the gray with the white pants.

Tag_by_Grungefan.png

|NFL - Colts|MLB - Cubs|NHL - Blackhawks|NBA - Pacers|NCAA - Butler|EPL - Chelsea FC|MLS - Timbers|

Good --

1. Old school number font. Everyone associates that font with the Cowboys, but I believe the Colts used it at one time as well. (I'll have to look it up to confirm).

2. Using the bucking Colts logo (even if it isn't on the uniform itself). They need to use that more (even if I cringe seeing it used in Indianapolis).

Bad --

1. Blue pants. They have always annoyed me for some reason.

2. Silver/grey pants. Too Cowboys, especially with that stripe pattern. At least when the Colts wore grey pants in the 80s, they used a single blue stripe, so it didn't scream Cowboys as much.

3. Silver/grey alt.

4. Not finding a way to make the shoulder loops go all the way around. Someone PLEASE find a way to fix this problem (that is hardly unique to the Colts).

Overall, good work.

Most Liked Content of the DayΒ -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017Β  Β  Β /////Β  Β  Β Β Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Β Β πŸ™ƒ

I was getting a Cowboys vibe as well - and that's before I read the other C&C. Metallic alts never work out right; if the Colts went to silver, we'd have 10 threads open complaining that the silver pants don't match the helmets or the jerseys, and then PANTONE would have to post his color charts a kajillion times to confirm the discrepancies. And he's a very busy man. :grin:

Silver in the shoulder stripes does look sharp, however. Not too crazy about seeing it on the helmet.

EDIT: My bad, DC. You did say gray. Scratch 90% of the above post. But gray's its own problem - what does the other team wear? Whites or darks?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'd like to state again the the color added is gray, not silver. Therefore the alternates are not metallic like those hideous Patriot alternates. Just wanted to clear that up. I also edited it and mixed in white pants with the gray alts. Thanks for the comments though. Keep em coming as I try to get these right.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived