Tampa Bay Lighten's Swift Concept

Davey

Dont get made cus i know alot dont let the new swift jerseys but im giving them a try lol. I also changed it around and make the home blue, mix it up a bit. C+C are welcome and hopefully they are ok to everyone.

swift.png

4kv29i.jpg

the more i see swift concepts, the more i think you guys are all just changing colors from the first swift concept ever. i cant say i like this because it is so boring and is the same as everything else. the colors are nice though.

the more i see swift concepts, the more i think you guys are all just changing colors from the first swift concept ever. i cant say i like this because it is so boring and is the same as everything else. the colors are nice though.

I'm going to semi-agree with that statement. I think everyone has been stuck in what I have named a "Nike runt." The Swift template is so new and so different to what we all have seen that no one really knows what the hell to do with it other that what Nike has done.

I say give it some time. Either the Swift will go the way of the dinosaurs or we'll adapt to it and learn how to make it unique.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Yeah, there isn't much to do with a swift jersey. There's really nothing to them. I still think Tampa needs a new logo in the worst way, but with what you had to use, this concept looks pretty good.

thats the problem with the swift template. theres nothing much else you can do with the swift jersey than the "cookie cutter" designs everyone is putting out. theres virtually no room for design except the vertical side stripes and broken shoulder stripes.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

thats the problem with the swift template. theres nothing much else you can do with the swift jersey than the "cookie cutter" designs everyone is putting out. theres virtually no room for design except the vertical side stripes and broken shoulder stripes.

Yes it is perfectly possible to experiment with the Swift template. Just because Nike went all with verticle stripes doesn't mean a person using the temp on here does. Here's an example, I converted my fantasy teams design to the swift template.

jokerswift.gif

You see, I like the concept and technology behind the Swift's, but the uniforms themselves look UGLY. Look at the Olympics jerseys this year. HORRIBLE! (Except for Sweeden's, thank goodness they didn't change them). The random horizontal/diagonal bars and stripes are really ugly. So in review, like the techy stuff, hate the design.

Not that yours is bad, but Nike's Swift uniform designs in general.

Lightning...good.

Colors...good.

Jersey....aaah, best you can do.

But then, I can't figure out why no one has ever just put a diagonal lightning bolt from corner to corner across the jersey? Black dominant color, white bolt outlined in TB blue.....and for the white jerseys, a TB blue bolt with black outlines. No need for an alternate jersey, but could always go with a "lightning bolt" font and just stick a big "T B" on the front ....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived