Red Sox/Mets: Game 6, 1986 WS

brinkeguthrie

After winning 2004 ALCS and 2004 WS, I can see some film telling that fateful Game 6 without some pain (bah, I always felt a bit of pain when I watch the Big Buckner One)...

Well... I'm a huge fan of baseball films so I surely will watch that one.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Wasn't Buckner's fault.

Agreed - Throughout the season, he was replaced for defensive purposes late in games when Boston led. He was left on the field in that instance because skip wanted him to be able to celebrate on the field.

It's where I sit.

Wasn't Buckner's fault.

Agreed - Throughout the season, he was replaced for defensive purposes late in games when Boston led. He was left on the field in that instance because skip wanted him to be able to celebrate on the field.

Another amazing move by Joe McNamara!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wasn't Buckner's fault.

Another amazing move by Joe McNamara!

John McNamara.

If Bucnkeer feilded it he would not have beaten Mookie to first his ankles were too bad and Stanley was slow getting over, and even if he had the game was already tied.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Surely Calvin had a bad night but isn't it the job of a reliever to keep inherited runners from scoring? Seems to me that wild pitch by Bob Stanley is what got Kevin Mitchell home to tie the game. It was Schiraldi's fault that Mitchell and Knight were on the basepaths to begin with but surely he doesn't shoulder all the blame.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

wilson-buckner.jpg

Vin Scully (NBC): "So the winning run is at second base...with 2 outs, 3 and 2 to Mookie Wilson...little roller up along first, behind the bag! It gets through Buckner! Here comes Knight and the Mets win it!

arodsig.jpg THE TOUGHEST S.O.B. IN THE CCSLC!

Satan Lives! The Devil On Earth Breathes! -Jim Ross about Vince McMahon, WM 22

"THAT WAS THE WORD OF YANKEEMAN"

sterling.jpggodzilla.jpg

26 World Championships and still going strong. Get used to it Red Sox Nation!

"Yankees win! Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankees win!" -John Sterling after every Yankee win

To Be The Yankees, You Gotta Whoooooooooo!!! beat the Yankees!!!

Yeah Stanley choked too the Wild Pitch was worse then the error

Wild "Pitch"? My memory might be a little faded after 20 years but I'm pretty sure he threw two or even three wild pitches. Sox fans complain about Grady Little not knowing when to give the pitcher the hook, this game was even worse.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

If Bucnkeer feilded it he would not have beaten Mookie to first his ankles were too bad and Stanley was slow getting over, and even if he had the game was already tied.

Exactly. The game was TIED. The lead was blown by Boston's pen already. You cannot blame Buckner without throwing AT LEAST as much blame toward Stanley and Schilraldi.

It's easy to blame the best "highlight" (or "lowlight") play, but the game should have been over by then.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived