Baltimore Ravens Concept

eRay

I felt like getting away from black a little bit, but still using it as one of the colors, because after all they are the ravens. i wanted to emphasize the gold a little more, and also do away with the raven head with a B inside it that is ugly IMO. C&C greatly appreciated, this is my second Illustrator concept, im still learning.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f204/emr1/ravens.swf

I really like the direction this is going. I don't mind the purple at all, and I love the simplified numerals. It's all very clean.

Also, the "B" works well on a football helmet.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Similar to what Icecap said, I really like where this is and where it is going. The only change I would make is to move the sleeve numbers to the shoulders and put the raven head on the sleeve. The shield logo would work well on the pants, imo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

HELMET: Major improvement! Best part of this concept, and 100% usable. Maybe a black shadow on the "B" so it stands out from the purple shell, but that's it.

COLORS: With so little black, I get more of a Vikings vibe - especially going with the purple helmets.

JERSEYS: See "COLORS". The standard numbers look nice and clean, but reverting to the unique "Ravens" font for the numbers would help differentiate this concept from a Vikings concept. Love the gold TV numbers on the purple jersey, the way Va. Tech pairs white abdomen numbers with orange TV numbers - nicely done.

PANTS: A little plain. A small bit of piping or thick stripes would liven them up a bit, but I like the purple.

SOCKS: No beef. Solid design.

OVERALL: B+, and IMO very close to an A. This is a really nice set, and well-executed for your 2nd attempt with Illustrator. Good stuff!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

thanks alot for the comments and insight guys, i'll expirement with the ravens number font, and maybe that black drop shadow on the helmet B. jkorkie, i thought the same thing about switching the logos on pants and jersey, i think i might do that.

I think you did a good job with your concept. However since a raven is an all black bird with highlights of purple I don't think purple should replace black as the main color. I also think the Ravens number font is unique and should not be replaced. The purple pants would be nice to see with the white jersey though.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'd like the sleeve numbers to match the other numbers.

if you zoom in on them you can tell that they do, but they just look different when zoomed out all the way for some reason.

I am really liking these. Good solid design.

TIP: It looks like you're editing the logos and then importing them into Illustrator, and you get the white outlines. Instead, do what you can in Illustrator and then export that to your photo editing software where you edited the logos. That should get rid of the white outlines.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I also think the Ravens number font is unique and should not be replaced.

I think their current numbers are uniquely awful and replacing them with standard block set is the best part of your concept.

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

Archived