New Trend in Jerseys

GoValpo

Well since the Houston Texans set came out at the same time as the Seattle Seahawks gear did in 2002, I guess they bucked that "suck" trend.

I still say the whole Texans set was the last great logo/uniform set to be unveiled.....they got everything perfect....well except the name.

Since then I will agree.....mediocrity at best by everyone else.

Does anyone else think any other team has bucked this trend....

NYCdog.png

sorry in advance if this is in the wrong forum but everyone else seems to talk about jerseys soo....

it really makes me mad to see all these new lookin shiny, futuristic jerseys in the pro sports, the new piping is bad too

here are some examples of teams that used to look really cool but are now futuristic and look corny IMO, just call me ole fahion i guess

MLB:

Toronto Bluejays(new logo, new color are ugly)

Anaheim Angels(not to bad though)

Brewers(cursive lettering on jersey is awful on them)

Padres(new colors and logo suk)

overall MLB is good

NFL:

Falcons(worst change in sports, now look like an AFL team, logo is for middle schoolers)

Ravens

Bengals(ugly, used to be simple and cool)

Eagles(current jersys are pretty good but why did they have to change from kelly green?)

Seahawks(to much shine, dark green blue?, honestly they might be better than the old silver helmets, but why change?)

Cardinals(simple is and was better)

Bills: (shoulder color looks bad, like the helmets though)

Giants(used to be simple, went old-schooler and made helmets and jerseys bright and shiny which looks odd)

Rams(yellow>gold, royal>navy, really bad color changes)

Broncos(i actually really like their current jerseys but the old orange was a classic)

Bucs(what are their colors now? they wear goldish brown colored pants and red jerseys, orange was sweet)

Lions(black?, metallic blue?)

NFL isntĀ  very good overall, but my NFC North stays true

NBA:

Suns(are u kiddin? PHX?, used to look great, kept the colors but added grey)

Wizards(never had a former jersey but they look like a sem-pro team)

Denver(bad color, bad jersey)

Cavs(ugly, loved the old basketball logo and colors)

Pistons(went back to original colors but i dont like the font)

Warriors(gold and blue is better than what they have now)

Magic(black and pinstripes used to be the sh#t, now tey look aight)

Rockets(red and white? i used to like the pinstripes)

Jazz(navy blue and baby blue suks)

Hornets(one of the worst changes in the NBA, teal used to be awesome with Mugsey)

Kings(gold is bad)

Grizzlies(were great in Vancouver, now look like Jazz plus yellow)

Mavericks(wat's with everyone and navy blue)

Sonics(loved the kemp sonic jerseys, they are not that bad now though)

NBA is the worst at changing jerseys, logos, and lettering, navy blue is not for every team

NHL:

Thrashers

Nashville

Phoenix

these all are kiddie looking, i honestly dont follow the NHL as much so.....

i understand the reson for changing logos and jerseys, to attract new fans and raise interest in the team and revenue in merchandise, and i have to admit i like seein new changes but after a month of seein those ugly jerseys and logos i want the old ones back

how do u guys feel? do u get tired of these futuristic jerseys? they dont even make the pros seem proffessional, i miss all the old jerseys and thats why i am a big college sports fan, they keep it real, keep the same traditions :flagcanada:

no comment

"and that's all I have to say about that"

gump.jpg

Yes, there is a trend going on in sports. Not all have been bad, but a large number of them have been.

In baseball, pretty much everybody has good uniforms. Here, the trend is to take it back a bit and not look too "futuristic." The new Angels uniforms actually look like a set they previously had and what came before it could be considered "futuristic." All the other changes that have been made (besides the Blue Jays) have been moves to simplify the uniform and give it a more classic look.

In the NFL, the trend is to showcase more black (or a darker color) and add designs. They're definitely looking towards the future. Like it or hate it, some teams (such as the Ravens) look tougher when they don the darker uniforms. I don't mind the Bengals' changes at all. They found ways to work more orange into those jerseys, which is always a plus. Also, Philadelphia's midnight green uniforms are not only the best in team history, but are in my top three in the NFL and top 10 in pro sports.

What the NFL is doing is not anything new to sports. The NHL has been doing it for the past 10 years or so. Many NHL teams have funky designs on their jerseys, and not all of them look too flattering. Also, let's not assume college football is keeping it simple. More teams are going to futuristic designs by adding stripes everywhere. It's a larger number than you might think.

The originator of the thread is right about the NBA. Dark colors are taking over in the NBA, much like the NFL. It's not always a bad thing, but a lot of teams (Golden State, Memphis, Utah) almost look the same. Cleveland had a very good change, but every other change ends up looking unoriginal.

In summary, dark colors and stripes are the new age in every sport except baseball. Like anything in life, these changes are always going to be either a hit or a miss.

I think the thing that bothers me about how well the Predators are doing this year is how ugly all their uniforms are. (Not just the third unis)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

first off buddy, this is the internet, no need to get angry that others are voicing their opinions too. this is a message board, and people are meant to share opinions and ideas. now here are some quotes for you to look at and realize how dumb you sound. both are things you typed.

first:

how do u guys feel? do u get tired of these futuristic jerseys?

asking us how we feel..

second:

im sure many of u like the new jerseys that i mentioned, like the giants jerseys for example like u said, i could care less if u like the new ones or dislike them

everyone acts like there is a right or wrong when it comes to liking jerseys on this site

then saying you dont care if we like them or not. you asked.

I know how I feel, the Magic and Jazz are wearing rec league :censored:. no, wait, I've seen rec league teams that look better than either of them. basically, teh Jazz successfully deluded themselves into thinking they make a good blue team (they don't) and teh Magic somehow thought bland would work for a team whose name lends itself to an offbeat uniform (again, it doesn't). hell, they both got perfectly good wordmarks that went from front and center to over the buttcrack (Magic) or nowhere on teh uniform (Jazz).

I also know how I feel on the Bucks-I don't care whether they keep purple or not. truthfully, I don't care if they replace purple with pink. However, it will be a happy day when they announce that green will retake its rightful place as the Bucks' dominant color.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bullšŸ¤¬

first off buddy, this is the internet, no need to get angry that others are voicing their opinions too. this is a message board, and people are meant to share opinions and ideas. now here are some quotes for you to look at and realize how dumb you sound. both are things you typed.

first:

how do u guys feel? do u get tired of these futuristic jerseys?

asking us how we feel..

second:

im sure many of u like the new jerseys that i mentioned, like the giants jerseys for example like u said, i could care less if u like the new ones or dislike them

everyone acts like there is a right or wrong when it comes to liking jerseys on this site

then saying you dont care if we like them or not. you asked.

i meant i dont care if u say u disagree with me not that i dont care about your responses

yes i wanted u to respond, i didnt mean i dont care what u think, i dont care if u disagree with me because everyone has an opinion

Go Bulls, Bears, Cubs, and Blackhawks!!

GO TIGERS

Ireland_flag.gif

i meant i dont care if u say u disagree with me not that i dont care about your responses

yes i wanted u to respond, i didnt mean i dont care what u think, i dont care if u disagree with me because everyone has an opinion

Is this John Kerry? I KNEW IT!!!

Is this John Kerry? I KNEW IT!!!

haha! :D

o man, thats awesome

I think the Preds uniforms are great and I actually like those mustard alts.

Oh, best... logo... EVAR!!! :

CLE_5280.gif

:P

Well I'm happy for you, but I don't get it.

Those things are hard on the eyes.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

but overall college football and basketball keeps it simple

i guess Oregon forgot to get your memo and lets not forget about those one arm bandits that pop up last year.

we never wore the single sleeves like Va Tech and Florida did last year. Sure, we had 8 different color combinations out of three different uniform sets, but A. those are all the same pattern with different colors and B. traditional school colors combined with the traditional college football away whites.

what we wore against Oregon State are abortions of the first rate, and I have every right to ignore their existence :P almost nobody here likes them anyways.

-------

I guess I agree with others' assessments....there are very few jerseys in American pro sports I dislike or think need to regress to previous designs. and as for some of the classics (yankees, bo sox, etc.) they aren't in a sport driven by 'new technology jerseys' where they *have* to update their 'classic' look to their suppliers' newest designs in order to stay around. I really don't mind them, but then again I don't pay any attention to the Yankees in the first place ;)

harperdc.gif

I think the Preds uniforms are great and I actually like those mustard alts.

Oh, best... logo... EVAR!!! :

CLE_5280.gif

:P

Well I'm happy for you, but I don't get it.

Those things are hard on the eyes.

I also don't have a problem with purple uniforms either. I don't see anything wrong with the Ravens, Vikings, Rockies or Diamondbacks.

*shrugs* guess I like ugly uniforms.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Archived