Utah Jazz alternate jersey

Ry

Currently the Jazz don't have an alternate jersey. On the Reebok Store website, I found this 2nd road jersey. I don't know if they are planning a black jersey, but I didn't like it.

Here is what I came up with for an alternate. I used the old Jazz colors to honor the past (and because I hate the new colors) and just recolored some of the current alternate logos.

alt.png

UJlogo.png

UJ.png

edit: switched the green and purple around. I butchered the lettering on the jersey, but you get the idea.

th_PurpleAlt.png

I like the use of the old colors, but I'm not feeling green as a primary color. I'd switch the green and the purple. Nice work.

I agree with you, I think it would look better if you did flip the colors around. I do like what you have so far, i really like you logos.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

I think to update your look and then add a retro to your usual lineup of jerseys seems sort of counterintuitive. I like having teams occasionally donning throwbacks (Miami, New Jersey, etc. but not Chicago), but stick with your new look and colors if you're going to make a switch. I would personally love to see a Jazz alternate, but I would prefer a modern color scheme (see here)

ujsignature.png

I agree with those who've said to go with a purple-dominant base.

But I'll go one further - using their present design as a template isn't doing you any favors. Not only is it a "rec-league design" (I'm with TCR on that one), but with large areas of a different color down the sides, your palette of two dark colors (purple and green) aren't going to work well off each other. The old Jazz unis worked because there weren't any of those huge panel inserts.

I'm with you on the colors, but you ought to look into a design revision - something that looks more "Utah" - the Old West, the mountains - or at least something that incorporates the wordmark better (without reverting to the overdone stuff they wore at the end of Stockton's career, with the huge mountain range splashed across the fronts of the jerseys).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

For the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT USE THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ COLORS!!! First, that was our team, not yours. Second, those colors are ours, not yours. Third, we want our nickname back!

Ok, now that I'm done bitching, here's what I really think. Overall, I like it. It's a really good use of blending the old with the new. And for the record, the Jazz used to use green jerseys back in the early 80's, minus the use of the color purple in it and purple ones minue the green. This is a very nice concept.

With that being said, GIVE US BACK OUR NAME AND COLORS DAMNIT!

Ok, I'm finished now. Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

First of all I would agree with eqtmgr, give New Orleans back the Jazz and their colors...I spent two weeks in Salt lake city this past winter on vacation..I saw the Delta Center but found no evidence of any JAZZ of any kind there.

For the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT USE THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ COLORS!!! First, that was our team, not yours. Second, those colors are ours, not yours. Third, we want our nickname back!

Ooh, somebody's petulant! Tell all that to a Utahn who's been supporting his team all these years. They've had the team longer and they've done a hell of a lot more with it. They used those colors for 18 years and the Hornets reinstated the Mardi Gras colors to an extent for you. The team that Stockton and Malone broke records with and took to the Finals was called the Utah Jazz, idiosyncratic as it may be. You can't change that and shouldn't.

It's a really good use of blending the old with the new.

Who was it on the board that said "the next use of blending the old with the new will be the first"? He's right. A lot of times, the different era aren't implemented well, and you just get a grab bag of old logo packages slapped here and there, like a trident on the Mariners cap in the 90s colors with "M's" as the jersey script, or things like that. In this case, you've got the old colors from the New Orleans/Salt Palace years slapped on a jersey that they shouldn't even have gone to in the first place. Furthermore, the script is still two-tone blue. You missed a spot. If you want to bring the eras together for the Jazz, maybe you could do something with a saxophone forming a J, a mountain forming an A, and I don't know what you'd do for the Zs. But something like that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

dude, take a chill pill....you have the Hornets (to an extent). Worry about your current team remaining in Louisiana instead of a team that will never go to Louisiana unless they're playing the Hornets.

And for the record, the Jazz used to use green jerseys back in the early 80's, minus the use of the color purple in it and purple ones minue the green.

Minor correction here - if I understand what's being said here correctly:

For a couple of seasons in the '80s (I saw them wear these in person), the Jazz wore Green, Gold and White on the road. No Purple in the road uniforms. The home uniforms were the standard White, with Purple, Gold and Green. The road warmups had mountains on them.

They never used JUST Purple and Gold at any time.

• 2 weeks later...
If anyone's interested, here were the exact colors the Jazz used back in the Mardi-Gras-colors days:

UtahJazz_FRC_1996_SOL.jpg

I miss those colors. The Jazz really need to switch back to the musical note logo.

jazz_logo_7480.gif 1974-1979

jazz_logo_8096.gif 1979-1996

jazz_logo_present.gif 1996-2004

jazzlogo_200.jpg 2004-present

Archived