Reebok for a day

troy_3223

Okay, so I did listen to you guys, and if you scroll back, you will notice some slight changes. A lot of the powder blue is gone, Colorado's color scheme is decidedly more modern, and I finally found a color scheme that works (for me, anyhow) for the LA Kings. I didn't think San Jose's would go over that well with you lot, but I like it pretty well, at least more than the current logo. Anyhow, here is the first of the Atlantic Division of the Southern Conference: New Jersey, the Islanders, and the Rangers

atl1.jpg

nhl94vansigpng.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islanders...what is this?

This is terrible...Capt. Hiliner was better than this. My constructive advice? Start over. On the other hand I do like only the striping on the Rangers. But still I wouldn't change from the original (see Islander fans can be nice to Rangers).

I understand the criticism of both logos. There are basically two things you can do with the Islanders, one is to use the lighthouse alternate they had during the Gorton's Fisherman years, the other is to keep it as it is. There are plenty of concepts doing both of these. I decided to do something different. Better? not really, but different, at least. As for the Rangers, I'm not really happy with what I came up with, it's not nearly as creative as the logo I did for the Islanders, but better than everything else I came up with. Washington, in this set, was another toughie. This whole division was easily the toughest to get through. But here it is: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington:

atl2.jpg

I like Philadelphia's the best out of this set. Pittsburgh was the most difficulty I had in translating an idea from paper to paintbrush, and it still doesn't look quite right, but I'm not going to go out and buy Illustrator just for a part-time hobby. As for Washington, it was another tough one. At first, I flat out refused to do a red white and blue concept for Washington, but in the end it was the only option.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Devils - i like what you got going on here. my only gripe is the two tone red. i much prefer the black and red. use a black and red scheme and you got a sharp concept.

Islanders - I like the new logo with the fisherman feel.

Rangers - awsome logo, i like how you incorporated the skyline in to the logo. I really don't know why the rangers don't do that.

Flyers - i like the flyers template, however the logo looks like its being swallowed up by a black hole.

Penguins - cool logo but the purple seems a bit out of place. but i like where this is going.

Capitals - Definately like what you got going on here. the red, white, blue and gold is the only the scheme that makes sense for a caps concept.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I really like the Rangers one--it's different than what they have, but not too different, and the stripes seem to complement the logo--which gives a nod to history and incorporates other images they've used.

Nice work.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Love the Flyers and the Caps.

"Ovechkin"

Good work with these! Gortman's fisherman in USA = Capt. Hiliner in Canada BTW.

I'd like to see a logo for the Islanders that maybe incorporates only the lighthouse from the Fisherman logo jersey.

devils: maroon?

islanders: no

rangers: this is probably my favourite so far. I like the stripes, as well as the addition of the skyline on the logo. well done. the only thing I would change would be to make the numbers slightly less italicized (sp?)

flyers: the jerseys look decent, and I'm a fan of bringing back orange home/road jerseys. It's just the logo I don't like. to me it looks like a cartoon eye with big black wings

penguins: the logo doesn't do much for me, and I would suggest picking one colour era and sticking to it

capitals: red, white, and blue is good. gold; not so much. The stars on the sides and striping pattern remind me a little of my stars concept. and the blue shoulders remind of the 1980 USA jerseys

All right, sorry about the Ovenchain thing if there are any Caps fans here, assuming there's no such thing, I'm not going to bust my ass to change it. The Islanders and Rangers logos got much more positive feedback than I was expecting, which is pretty cool. The response from actual Islanders fans is pretty much as I expected. I hope the NHL still listens to you guys and doesn't do anything drastic to it. I don't think I improved on what you guys got, and I agree that the lighthouse alt they had was pretty sweet, and in general, I like the concepts that use it, I've just seen enough of them to know that doing another wouldn't be that creative. That said, here's the first set of the final division: The southeast division, with Atlanta, Carolina, and Florida

se1.jpg

Florida was one of the first designs I did, right after Buffalo, Boston and Anaheim. I've always felt they should ditch the gold and go with the tan in the logo. I've also always felt they should just use the panther head instead of the cheesy "panther comin at'cha!" thing they've got now. I know people will complain about the teal/red combo for Carolina, but it was one of my rival high school's colors, and I always liked it.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Ok I have to commend you for doing all that work and coming up with all those ideas. Some of them work and some of them really don't (lavender for Pittsburgh?). A few things:

1. LOVE the Sabres. They're outstanding. Ship it out to Buffalo now and change them over, it'd be a huge improvement.

2. Seriously. That's a Jesus fish Sharks logo. Not feeling it.

3. I like the Islanders logo BUT: Being from Long Island, I can tell you a logo with NYC skyline in it would NEVER fly. They try to desperately differentiate themselves from the Rangers, and even though it has New York in their name, they try to maintain the fact they're NOT a city team.

4. As a Ranger fan myself, I like that concept, except for the red numbers on the white jerseys. They need to be blue.

That's just my humble opinion.

thrashers:darken the blue and put more emphasis on it. maybe swapping the white and blue on the dark jersey.

hurricanes: I don't know where the teal came from, but if it differentiates them from the other red white and black teams, then that's a good thing. I also really like the striping you chose. it would suit them very well.

panthers: nice! tan works well, and I really like the red slashes.

Here's the last of it: Nashville, St. Louis, and Tampa Bay. Tampa is my personal favorite of all of these, but then the Flash was always my favorite superhero.

se2.jpg

Thanks to all who have commented thus far, I was able to implement some of the changes, and they were all improvements (thanks especially to whomever suggested lightening the blue for the Sabres, it was a huge improvement. I think the same person suggested swapping the white and gold on the Bruins home jersey, also huge.)

So let me know which you liked, which you didn't and if there's anything you can point out to improve any of them let me know.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I have no idea why this last one shrunk. You can still see most of the detail, though, so I'm not too worried about it.

Photobucket will automatically shrink images over a certain value--check your account settings, you may be able to change it--or trying trimming off some of the border to get under the limit.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

nashville- template good, color scheme bad. truthfully i really don't know what color scheme would work for the preds. but i do like the template.

blues - i really can't imagine the blues ever using a logo other than the note. though this logo isn't bad, it kinda reminds me of a logo for a team like the vancouver millionaires. Though the more i look at it, it could see it used as a secondary logo kinda like the trumpet logo was used.

Lightning - not sure what to think of this. the color scheme doesn't work for me and its a bit bright. The Lightning need an overhaul but im not sure if this is it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

NSH- Like the design, but the colors are way off. Like Coast2Coast said, there isn't really a color set that matches it perfectly, and I believe the closest is their current navy/steel/mustard. Try lightening up the brown to more of a golden brown.

STL- I like it. Colors are nice. Logo is sorta auxilary looking, try to develop a main logo and use it as a shoulder patch.

TB- As much as I also love Flash, I don't like these jerseys. The arm design worries me. good attempt, though.

Twitter • Facebook • Instagram • LinkedIn • Tumblr

nashville: brown and powderblue? the template's alright but change the colours a bit.

St. louis: my new favourite jersey of this thread. Nice update. I would buy one of those in a second. I also like te new logo.

Tampa: Looks pretty cartoony to me. it looks like the old vancouver jerseys, except more wierder. that's really as best as i could put it. not very constructive of me but I don't know how to put what I mean into words. Excuse me while I buy a thesaurus.

Ok...

ATL...not bad...still too light withthe road jersey

CAR...LOVE IT!!! Now it looks like a hurricane and not some sort of flattened puck. Teal is ok but perhaps grey???

FLA...do not change...send to Reebok NOW!

NSH...colors bad...template good

STL...where's the blue note? Now there's a treble clef...not liking the stripes and powder blue

TBL...I like this...only because it's terrible and I hate the Lightning

I was thinking about the Preators color sheme, and maybe a vegas gold and like a deep sea blue with traditonal sliver. I dunno maybe it would work, would have to see it on the uni's though

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived