Milwaukee Brewers Webmaster is a Moron

rmackman

I don't know who does the Brewers marketing for their website http://brewers.mlb.com/ but they should be fired or at least slapped. If you look underneath TODAYS STARTERS and the mini 1 week schedule they have BUY BREWERS YOUTH JERSEYS: SHOP NOW! The jersey they are advertising to buy is the 1999 version. Umm...a little behind the times? What gives?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Looks like it's been fixed, I don't see the error. MLB actually runs the website, not someone in the Brewers' front office (note how they have the same template for each team). Being a webmaster myself, I wouldn't want 30 different people messing with my website, it makes much more sense to have one group in charge of all MLB sites.

Errors/typos happen VERY often, so I'm not surprised if that accidentally happened.

Yeah, its MLB's fault.

I used to hate the idea of having a 'unified' or 'consolidated' site between a league and its teams, and when MLB did it I thought it'd be an unmitigated disaster.

But, as it turns out, they were absolutely right setting it up that way, and theirs is the best professional league web site I've ever seen as a result.

nav-logo.png

It has been happening for awhile. Ive seen it in the past week, and Ive seen it more then once last season. Im not sure as to the reason for the error. But you would think SOMEBODY would check their work. One group of people probably does run the 30 sites, but working for baseball, and not just milwaukee, isnt much of an excuse.

What I'd like to see would be if they'd change the template to the "retro" look with the mb glove logo for sunday games when they wear the uni.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

Fired? For grabbing an old ad graphic? Sheesh....

They did the exact same thing last year - there's a thread around here somewhere on it. And like last time, as soon as we pointed it out, they fixed it.

I too was very wary when I heard MLB was taking over the websites of all the teams, but the results have been excellent overall.

What I'd like to see would be if they'd change the template to the "retro" look with the mb glove logo for sunday games when they wear the uni.

Me, too. I love it when the NFL does it.

Do you think they fixed it because it was pointed out here or is that a coincidence?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Do you think they fixed it because it was pointed out here or is that a coincidence?

Yes BgMack, not only did they fix it b/c it was pointed out here...they pointed it out because you brought light to it...I'm sure members of the front office for the Milwaukee Brewers frequent here, and took one look at you in a Marlins uniform and were scared of your wrath over a damn web banner.

I'm sure next time, to speed up the process even further, you might post a pic of you in some inane sports uniform, a picture of yourself on a logo thread, or a picture of you doing some sportscast for the retirement homes in Florida. You seem to be quite good at the aforementioned.

Yes BgMack, not only did they fix it b/c it was pointed out here...they pointed it out because you brought light to it...I'm sure members of the front office for the Milwaukee Brewers frequent here, and took one look at you in a Marlins uniform and were scared of your wrath over a damn web banner.

I'm sure next time, to speed up the process even further, you might post a pic of you in some inane sports uniform, a picture of yourself on a logo thread, or a picture of you doing some sportscast for the retirement homes in Florida. You seem to be quite good at the aforementioned.

Man, calm down. :unsure:

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

That was his first ever post...haha what a waste. Like I give a rat's arse what he thinks. I wish more people would put photos of themselves up. It makes everything more personable rather than recognizing peopel based on their screen name. I don't do it out of arrogance. I don't have much to be arrogant for. For Dutch 322's sake I would come up with more sensible things to talk about rather than introduce yourself like a complete tool the way he did.

spacer.png

Archived