Mavs' alternates

vicfurth

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone agree with me now that they should have went with the lightning blue?  These things are terrible.  When I first saw them, they looked brown(not in up close shots, just side court view).  Seriously, I knew they weren't, but they sure seemed brown.  As far as two shades of blue not working for 2 unis, what about the Titans, Rangers, and UNC?  Plus, this isn't royal blue that's kinda close to navy, this is lightning blue.  It's lighter and brighter than the Magic unis from last year (you know, the pajamas).  It would work better than tin.  It sures seems like the center of the cool alt uniform universe is as far away from Dallas as you can get.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

I'm not thrilled with the way they look on TV or in those photos. IMO, they should have used a softer, brighter silver, sorta like what the Nashville Preditors have on their shoulders. I think it would've looked better on TV.

Looking at the latest trend in uniforms from the Jays to the Stars 3rds to the Mavs 3rd it looks like MLBS TATC might have known somethoing about the future. I dont know about you but if this is where we are going it looks like its gonna be very scary and ugly.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I have heard of lightning blue, and it works with their logo having lightning in it.  Is it what they call it?  No.  I just nicknamed it that.

Pantone, how do you know so much about all the colors? ???  I also wonder about everyone calling colors Pantone this and Pantone that.  Just curious, casue since I started coming to the board I've never understood that.

So, does he have the software or something?

Also, I was looking at the Mavs unis and last years Magic unis and have to say that I disagree that they are the same shade of blue.  The magic's is more of a bright royal IMO.

the mavs logo has lightning in it?   ???  

and was i hallucinating or did Hefty make those unis?  i was disappointed in their choice of silver, they shoulda gone with a regular silver so they could wear these at home as well.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Pantone colors that Orlando and Dallas use for their light Blue is exactly the same color (Pantone number).

Whether or not they use the same textile colors is a different matter...I'm still trying to determine if NBA teams actually USE Pantone Textile colors...

I did this a while back, but here's an example of how I personally store colors (screenshot from my Access ColorValues database):

P2935C.jpg

This is Orlando Magic/Dallas Mavericks Blue.

I won't go into a lengthy explanation as to what this all means, but all of this stuff makes up a color, and these standards are what teams and leagues use to identify their colors in a way that ensures standards as far as their color reproduction goes...

I'll take this off-line if anyone wants to explore this further...

while i like metallic jerseys in general. these arent great, and i like the mavs. it looks too dark to be silver, its almost a charcoal which doesnt fit with their sceme. i guess i appreciate them not trying to copy new jersey, but i would have gone with the bright blue for a 3rd instead.

Pantone: how close is the Magic/Mavs blue to the Nuggets new blue?

Azzuri.gif

Archived