Tampa Bay Fire concept

jamesjduncan

I keep seeing where the Devil Rays want a new image, name, etc. Thing is, it seems like everything in Florida is named after something in the ocean (Bucs, Marlins, Dolphins), or a cat (Jaguars, Panthers). Here's something different. Tampa Bay Fire baseball.

C&C would be greatly appreciated. Don't kill me too bad, I only have MS Paint to work with. I hope you appreciate what I was trying to do more than how choppy it may be. Thanks guys. See ya!

tampabayfirejersey.jpg

Nice ideas... just not for an MLB baseball team. When I look at this, I think arena football or even softball moreso than baseball.

For example, the number styles you used are more suited for football jerseys, as is the non-arched player names on the back (I can't think of any MLB teams that don't have arched names.)

Your idea for the socks and alt jersey are awesome, but again just not realistic. Sometimes when doing a concept, even though there are no team owners giving you requirements or anything, you have to use the context of the league you are designing for to put some limits on what you produce.

I'll give you an A+ for creativity, and with some minor tweaks these could be a pretty bitchin' fantasy team concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You r right about everything coming from the area, but isn't that what the nickname ment to be. The jerseys were a little to football ish for baseball, Tradtional with all rock with baseball. Great job with the ideas, love the bad ass socks but thats never possible! Maybe if there nicknames was like the Tampa Suns, or the St. Pete Suns, you could make a better jersey (more realistic) and have it be close to real! But i will give u an 10 for effort and creativtness

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

First of Tampa Bay Fire is a horrible name, second this concept is horrible

stupid.gif Thanks for contributing to the board once again brendan.

Nice concept james, but I'm not feeling the flaming socks, flaming hat, white hat or black jersey. Try a red hat and get rid of the yellow dropshadows and outlines. Go with black for an outline. I think a red alt with yellow script would look nice.

buffalo_sig.png

Hey, thanks for the positive comments everyone (well, almost everyone lol). Kinda new at this, everything helps. It's funny, after I posted this, I thought of a baseball player running around in flaming socks, it does kinda look like an tragic accident.

Maybe if they ever do another turn ahead the clock campaign like they did a few years back, this will feel better.

Oh, by the way...

I was gonna say something about this, but I won't lower myself to this level. Your level. I am better than that. Someday, you will be too. Have a nice day, Brendan.

Again, thanks to the rest of you. Take care.

Jimmy

Thanks for contributing to the board once again brendan.

how im i not contributing he asked for comments and gave some, so what if its bad i get bad comments all time when i post my concepts. Anyway i have some suggestions, first i would move the flames to sleves instead, plus i think you should replace green with black and I think you should get rid of the fames on the hat and socks.

Thing is, it seems like everything in Florida is named after something in the ocean

What about the Heat?

Or Magic, or Lightning

th_island1-med.gifStanley Cups 1980,1981,1982,1983

th_dodgers1-med.gifWorld Series Titles 1955,1959,1963,1965,1981,1988

th_boys1-med.gifSuper Bowl Titles VI,XII,XXVII,XXVIII,XXXth_jet2-med.gifSuper Bowl Title III

th_ny1-med.gifth_norangers-med.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

how im i not contributing he asked for comments and gave some, so what if its bad i get bad comments all time when i post my concepts. Anyway i have some suggestions, first i would move the flames to sleves instead, plus i think you should replace green with black and I think you should get rid of the fames on the hat and socks.

1) You kind of invited that bashing after stealing concept number one...and then raising a stink about it getting graveyarded.

2) What we're getting at is the fact that you didn't say why you didn't like the concept. It's ok to voice your dislike of the concept, but give some ideas for helping it out.

As for me, I don't really like it for a MLB team, but it would be a great softball uniform set. I would suggest scrapping the alternate and the flames on the socks personally.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thing is, it seems like everything in Florida is named after something in the ocean

What about the Heat?

Or Magic, or Lightning

Or the Panthers, or even the Jaguars. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You gave him nothing to work with. How is he supposed to make it better? "Its horrible" is a statement, not criticism. Next time bring more to the table. Actually, just don't come to the table.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

how im i not contributing he asked for comments and gave some, so what if its bad i get bad comments all time when i post my concepts.

Ever wonder why that is, brendan? Is there any possible way it has something to do with the rep you've carved out for yourself in your short time here? Hmmm... :therock:

JJD, as for the concept - I love the originality. The flames are a little over the top, but I like the design even if it's not something I'd expect to see on the field soon. Then again, I named my fantasy team "The Napalm Bullpen" (see signature), and our color scheme is red/gold/black, and there are flames on the cap. I'd love to say I was creative enough to put them on the stirrups, but I can only bow to your novelty.

My biggest suggestion would be a darker red and gold - the yellow you have is hard to read, especially paired with another "warm" color (I get what you're going for, but I'd put some black between the number and its drop shadow, for example). Also, the wordmark is very compressed horizontally to where it's illegible. You can use taller letters and make it easier to read.

There's potential here...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived