Ex-MLB P Steve Howe killed in truck accident

brinkeguthrie

but this ending was inevitable with the path he chose in his life

You mean death? Death's inevitable for everyone.

However, if you mean it his death was alcohol or drug related, then I agree with you.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Why do I get the feeling that in about 10-15 years this is going to be Ricky Williams?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I dont think so with Williams, Marijuana is a different durg he will end up being one of those dumb 40-year old stoners who has no clue what day of the week it is.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I dont think so with Williams, Marijuana is a different durg he will end up being one of those dumb 40-year old stoners who has no clue what day of the week it is.

Pretty much all of my best and closest friends do marijuana on a recreational basis all of them ranging in age from 18-45. (Only two of my friends plus myself are the only people who aren't family that DON'T do it. And the only reason I don't is because the smell makes my gag.) I also consider these people to be some of the smartest people I know. Marijuana makes them think clearer and makes them always seem more energenic, yet never tense. The smartest one of them I know is a 38-year-old store clerk who smokes it on a daily basis and is an excellent father to his children and very knowledgable about sports, music and politics and I wouldn't doubt he would mop the floor with you on any topic of discussion.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Evry marijuan smoker I have ever known is slow and dim witted it is known to kill brain cells, and make you lazy.

Every marijuana smoker I know except two has a better life and makes more money than I do and are a lot less lazy (though more relaxed) than me. Explain that one.

champssig2.png

Evry marijuan smoker I have ever known is slow and dim witted it is known to kill brain cells, and make you lazy.

Every marijuana smoker I know except two has a better life and makes more money than I do and are a lot less lazy (though more relaxed) than me. Explain that one.

Must be because of all the sugar in those 'munchies' they eat afterward, huh Tank?

^_^

nav-logo.png

Steinbrenner had been suspended from baseball himself when the Yanks first signed Howe in 1991, but then soon The Boss was back and Howe was suspended. Somehow, Howe convinced an arbitrator that he required cocaine for his attention deficit disorder, a tactic that would never fly today, and so a ban was lifted and there was Steinbrenner yet again, arms open.

(run that one by me again?)

He gave Howe another shot in 1993 and before you knew it the pitcher was the Yanks' most effective closer in 1994, with 15 saves and a 1.80 ERA. The rebirth didn't last forever. No career ever does. And two days after the Yanks cut him in 1996, Howe was arrested at Kennedy Airport carrying a .357 Magnum. He squirmed off that hook, too, getting only probation and community service.

(carried a WHAT into the airport? and got off of the charge??)

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Greatest movie line of all time. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Now here's a weird twist in the "Marijuana kills brain cells" front:

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8155

Conversely I've also heard from scientists that marijuana may be harmful if used heavily by teenagers... something about using it while the brain still growing and developing, can't remember the specifics

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Smoking marijuana is against the law in the United States. So any one using it is not very smart. You get caught, you get a police record, you could lose your job, you get your name in the local paper ,it is embarrassing to your family. People who use marijuana are risking a lot job , family and jail.And that's not to smart.

Thats because the doctor who did that study is on pot and read teh stats wrong he confused before and after.

See, now that's just prejudiced against something you don't understand.

It's a real shame that you all blanket marijuana as the root of all evil. It's a very misunderstood drug. (And, FYI, none of the people I know who do it are under the age of 18.)

Funny thing happened about a month ago. Several managers and bosses at my place of work caught a handful of co-workers smoking pot outside the bar next door during lunch break. One of the managers mentioned it to them. She laughed. They were all embarassed. None of them were reprimanded or punished in any way.

My mother's medical condition actually allows her access to medicinal marijuana if she needs it. Thankfully she doesn't need it, but if she does, I'm not gonna stop her from taking it.

I'm curious how many people on this message board smoke pot.

champssig2.png

What I never understood is why (money aside) would various tobacco products, which are extremely detremental to your health, are legal, and others like marijuana, cocaine, heroin are illegal.

Now I can understand if your employer (say MLB) would terminate your employment because you take certain drugs, that's their prerogative. But, as a society as a whole, I think these drugs should not be banned when there are so many other chemicals out there that can kill you.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived