Ex-MLB P Steve Howe killed in truck accident

brinkeguthrie

I love this.

This discussion has gone in completely the other direction to a debate on the effects of marijuana and the characteristics of the marijuana-smoking demographic.

Last I checked, unless we're specifically talking about Ricky Williams, this isn't exactly sports related.

lolz.

galaxy.png

I love this.

This discussion has gone in completely the other direction to a debate on the effects of marijuana and the characteristics of the marijuana-smoking demographic.

:lol: yeah ... I like how discussions make a huge detour in focus too. That's how a lot of conversations go. You talk about one thing, and before you know we're talking about something quite different. Perhaps we are all on something :D

I saw, I came, I left.

What I never understood is why (money aside) would various tobacco products, which are extremely detremental to your health, are legal, and others like marijuana, cocaine, heroin are illegal.

Now I can understand if your employer (say MLB) would terminate your employment because you take certain drugs, that's their prerogative. But, as a society as a whole, I think these drugs should not be banned when there are so many other chemicals out there that can kill you.

Same with alcohol... it's just traditionally accepted... I'm sure if marijuana was a big craze much earlier than it was, it would be legal today.

I really only fear people getting stoned and driving... otherwise I couldn't care less what people do with their bodies. As long as you aren't botherin me or anyone I care about... go nuts.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I really only fear people getting stoned and driving... otherwise I couldn't care less what people do with their bodies. As long as you aren't botherin me or anyone I care about... go nuts.

Yeah, same here. I've never touched anything harder in my life than a pack of Marlboro reds, but as long as someone isn't operating a car, or doing something else that could potentially harm anyone else, I don't really care how toked up they are.

But they need to save me some Cracker Jack, damnit. That's where I draw the line. Don't eat all the Cracker Jack.

nav-logo.png

I know several people who smoke marijuana. I can honestly say that a couple have been negatively affected by it. But there are many people who smoke pot and live normal, otherwise healthy lives and are succesful.

I agree that it is senseless to keep marijuana illegal when tobacco and alcohol are legal. Drunk driving and lung cancer are huge causes of death in the US. either make all three controlled, or make all three 100% legal.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

A large percentage of the people I know that smoke pot have been affected negatively by it, it would appear. They used to be intelligent people before they started getting into it, and now hanging around them feels like slow motion.

IUe6Hvh.png

• 1 month later...

Well you almost did not want to be right about this but sometimes the truth hurts Steev Howe was intoxicated when he had is accident, he had Meth in his system.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?ac...=02&f=8&t=36042

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Meth? You're not going to be around long if you start messing with that stuff.

Ever seen this? Faces of Meth

Steve Howe was a really sad case. He got chance after chance and just couldn't get his demons under control. It seems like everyone is addicted to something. Food, drugs, sex, collecting things, exercise, internet, etc. You just have to hope you can channel your additive nature into something productive, or at least harmless.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Smoking marijuana is against the law in the United States. So any one using it is not very smart. You get caught, you get a police record, you could lose your job, you get your name in the local paper ,it is embarrassing to your family. People who use marijuana are risking a lot job , family and jail.And that's not to smart.

Thank you Johnny Law. Glad for your input.

Ever since Ricky Williams was drafted and was doing interviews with his helmet on (remember that?), I've always had the feeling that things are going to end very badly for him.

He strikes me as such a tragic figure because he doesn't fit the macho/bombastic sports stereotype but excels anyways. He seems to be a terrific running back who doesn't really want to be a running back. I don't remember -- did he have to pay back the Dolphins for his sabbatical? If so, I get why he's trying to hard to get back in the NFL; he probably really needs the money.

But that guy with his mindset would be be better of walking the earth like Kung Fu and not playing professional football games.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived