Schwarzenegger wants two teams in L.A.

newinterior.jpg02_newsstadiumlarge.jpg

the stadium on the left is the renovated LA Coliseum, notice the arches in the foreground.

Yeah I know. I provided a link to Anaheim's PDF plan and a picture of the "New" LA Coliseum and the new Anaheim NFL Stadium.

(and if the law was good enough to keep Alexander Hamilton from ever seeking the office, it ought to be more than good enough to keep the Guvinator out of the White House).

Off topic but I believe Hamilton could have seeked office if he wanted too. At the time of the constitution he was a citizen and was in the country for 14 years. He wasn't 35 at the time the constitution was adopted however after Washington's presidency he was. I don't think he ever got the chance becasue Washington was first for 2 terms, then Adams the vice president for 1 time. Then Jefferson beat Adams for reelection. It was during that election that Hamilton was shot and died at 49 or 47.

Hamilton wasn't born within US (or what became US) borders-he was born in Jamaica. That's why he could never run for President.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Off topic but I believe Hamilton could have seeked office if he wanted too. At the time of the constitution he was a citizen and was in the country for 14 years. He wasn't 35 at the time the constitution was adopted however after Washington's presidency he was. I don't think he ever got the chance becasue Washington was first for 2 terms, then Adams the vice president for 1 time. Then Jefferson beat Adams for reelection. It was during that election that Hamilton was shot and died at 49 or 47.

If I remember my history correctly, Hamilton was not born in the 13 colonies (the island of Nevis, I believe; he was also born illegitimately). As such, he was automatically disqualified from running for President, regardless of how long he spent in the Colonies/States, much like Schwarzenegger.

That he would've run against the likes of Washington, Adams and Jefferson certainly would've made his attempts more difficult, but I can't remember even reading that he aspired to the presidency (though he argued passionately for a strong, king-like president in The Federalist Papers).

EDIT: Rams beat me to it. But Hamilton was born on the island of Nevis; I am pretty sure of that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I looked all that up. I know he wasn't born in the US, however the Constitution says born in the US or be a United States Citizen at the time the constitution was adopted. Obiviously the second part doesn't apply anymore since no one is still alive from 1787. Hamilton was a citizen at the time the constitution as he was a Senator in New York and was a delegate to the consitiutional convention in which he played a major role in writing and getting the document passed.

Back on topic though LA isn't gettong 2 teams right off the bat. LA will get 1 team and the possibility of a second will be there for owners to blackmail their cities with.

Niners & Chargers will stay put. Raiders will end up in Los Angeles again in about

2009 or 2010. The second L.A. Team will be an expansion team for Anaheim when the NFL expands to 34 teams in 2012. The other team will be in Toronto. They will play in a new stadium that will be built for the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Niners & Chargers will stay put. Raiders will end up in Los Angeles again in about

2009 or 2010. The second L.A. Team will be an expansion team for Anaheim when the NFL expands to 34 teams in 2012. The other team will be in Toronto. They will play in a new stadium that will be built for the 2016 Summer Olympics.

I truely doubt that. NFL in Toronto = RIP CFL. :cry:

This makes me hope Los Angeles never gets an NFL team, maybe it's just a sick joke.

New NFL L.A. propsed nickname

From the "You Gotta Be $#!+n' Me" File.

Councilman Bernard Parks heads out to Valleywood this morning to speak at the First Friday breakfast group at the Wine Bistro on Ventura Boulevard. Parks, of course, is a leader in the push to bring an NFL team to the Coliseum. To help along his effort, Jack McGrath of the Studio City Chamber of Commerce will propose naming the team after L.A.'s most world-famous export.

The "L.A. Celebs"

:wacko:

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I truely doubt that. NFL in Toronto = RIP CFL. :cry:

That would be bad because.... ?

Archived