AFL

goalieboy82

Perhaps, for those of us who haven't seen the game, or any writeup about any incidents, you could give some background or links? Hmmm?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, I don't get any Aussie Rules highlights on FSW Canada until about a week after the fact, so I have no idea what went on either.

At least you still get those. FSC dropped AFL coverage entirely this year. :cry:

I hope this doesn't mean we won't be able to see the Grand Final live.

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

So, from what I can decipher from The Age, the horn sounded, but the officals on the ground didn't hear it, so play continued, and St. Kilda tied the game. I just can't fathom an error like that happening in a high-level league, it's just plain strange. If Freo isn't given the win, it's a travesty in my book.

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

So, from what I can decipher from The Age, the horn sounded, but the officals on the ground didn't hear it, so play continued, and St. Kilda tied the game. I just can't fathom an error like that happening in a high-level league, it's just plain strange. If Freo isn't given the win, it's a travesty in my book.

you won't even see something like that in amateur sports, let alone a major league

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

So, from what I can decipher from The Age, the horn sounded, but the officals on the ground didn't hear it, so play continued, and St. Kilda tied the game.Β  I just can't fathom an error like that happening in a high-level league, it's just plain strange.Β  If Freo isn't given the win, it's a travesty in my book.

you won't even see something like that in amateur sports, let alone a major league

Exactly Chris. It speaks volumes of the amateurism that pervades the AFL in many aspects of its operations. The stupidity going on in the debate over "clash" jumpers is another.

This is right up there with the Billy Idol snafu at the NRL grand final a few years ago. He comes on for a pre-game show with the opening to White Wedding coming from the band only for all sound to die immediately as he goes to sing, and they wait a few minutes and can't make it work so his band-laden hovercraft turns around and leaves the field. :D

liverpool-1.png

So, from what I can decipher from The Age, the horn sounded, but the officals on the ground didn't hear it, so play continued, and St. Kilda tied the game.Β  I just can't fathom an error like that happening in a high-level league, it's just plain strange.Β  If Freo isn't given the win, it's a travesty in my book.

Exactly Chris. It speaks volumes of the amateurism that pervades the AFL in many aspects of its operations. The stupidity going on in the debate over "clash" jumpers is another.

This is right up there with the Billy Idol snafu at the NRL grand final a few years ago. He comes on for a pre-game show with the opening to White Wedding coming from the band only for all sound to die immediately as he goes to sing, and they wait a few minutes and can't make it work so his band-laden hovercraft turns around and leaves the field. :D

surprisingly, this is not the first time I've heard "billy idol snafu" together.

i think the ruling is a disgrave, rules say that the game isn't over till the umpire signalls it upon heairng the hooter.....watch for more teams protesting right aroudn the country down to grassroots footy...but i hope St Kilda come out better, strogner with the Us v the World mentallity because when we win the flag we can say they took points of us but we still outclassed the AFL

its also not the first time, its the first time they have reversed a result

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i think the ruling is a disgrave, rules say that the game isn't over till the umpire signalls it upon heairng the hooter...

The rules also say that the siren is to be sounded continuously, and that quarters go for 20 minutes of playing time. I notice you're not bitterly aggrieved about these rules being broken on the day...

Archived